Lime Green?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Lime Green?

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:08 am

So, green seems to be the most difficult color to get "right". Anyone have any success achieving a lime-green color? Is there a single dye that will work, or maybe a mixture of blue and yellow? I need lime green - not just light green, but lime green. Like Slimer from Ghostbusters green. Thanks.
"I don't know who started it and I don't give a f***. The one thing I do know is that we did it harder, we did it faster, and we definitely did it with more love, baby. You can't take that away from us." - Stevo, SLC Punk
Mad Scientist
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: Lime Green?

Postby eky8 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:57 am

If you go to ritdye.com and go to their color formula guide they have a bunch of formulas for different colors. Kelly green gives a nice green. teal is closer to blue. Both dye well. Dark green is worthless. So I would guess that any of the colors in their guide that use kelly green, or possibly teal would work to make a lime green.

This dye used kelly green.

And this one used teal.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Re: Lime Green?

Postby bigmanbailye » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Equal parts lemon yellow and Kelly green. I did a tablespoon of each in 20 oz of water. Dip disc for 20 min. Lime green greatness. I use it for yoda light sabers
bigmanbailye
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Return to Disc Artwork