Non serious Dyer looking for some help

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Non serious Dyer looking for some help

Postby osborne » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Ok I pay attention here a bit. I am interested in making as much of a pink bag as I can manage. Problem is Pink discs, while they can be found, are not quite as plentiful as white. I am considering trying to buy white and dye em pink. Thing is I play with all types of plastic. I understand pro and dx don't hold dye very well. My question is along the lines of dyeing the whole disc a color, not looking for any crisp lines at all. I know you say it fades quickly, I take that as blurring of lines, does the color just go away (sounds weird to me) too? I think it should work ok for the rest of the plastics I play with (champ, esp, z, cryztal, star) these two were my big questions.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Osborne
xd-buzzz-meteor-drone-teebird-firebird-blizzard destroyer
Smooth is Fast-Fast is Far
osborne
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: xd

Re: Non serious Dyer looking for some help

Postby dgdave » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:27 pm

soak the d plastic in red for a few days. It'll be pink
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Booter » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:27 pm

I've dyed alot of my p pds in pink. I used pedal pink and the fuscia. Didn't take long for a light pink. Champ however has a different take on it. Unless you want a dark pink,dying the champ plastic to have a light pink look is the best way in my opinion. I havnt dyed dx but pro,star all seem to take pink well if the disc was white before. It won't be hot pink but bubblegum pink is good enough for me
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby osborne » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:43 pm

booter wrote:I've dyed alot of my p pds in pink. I used pedal pink and the fuscia. Didn't take long for a light pink. Champ however has a different take on it. Unless you want a dark pink,dying the champ plastic to have a light pink look is the best way in my opinion. I havnt dyed dx but pro,star all seem to take pink well if the disc was white before. It won't be hot pink but bubblegum pink is good enough for me

Thats all im really going for, something thats visable, thanks booter and dave
xd-buzzz-meteor-drone-teebird-firebird-blizzard destroyer
Smooth is Fast-Fast is Far
osborne
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: xd

Return to Disc Artwork