SSS Stamp Removal

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

SSS Stamp Removal

Postby nice drive kid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:37 am

Just got an SSS Wizard and I don't want the stamp on there. Will Acetone eat away at the soft plastic? I also got a Soft Magic that I'd like to de-stamp. Anyone done this?
nice drive kid
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: CFR Gator

Postby plshrk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:42 am

The Wizard stamp is actually engraved into the plastic I believe. I did a SS Wizard and I used a cuetip and acetone. If its not engraved into the plastic just be brief when you are using the acetone.
plshrk
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: LandSharkSports.com

Postby nice drive kid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:46 am

Yeah my Medium Wizard stamp is imprinted deep into the plastic, but the SSS appears to just be a regular hotstamp. When I run my finger over the stamp I can't feel any texture change.
nice drive kid
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: CFR Gator

Postby jtkustomizer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:04 pm

If it is a black or red stamp be carefull because the color will smear. I have not had any problems with removing the stamps off of my SSS discs but I havent tried removing black because i dont want it to smear. I removed red off of white sss and there is a very slight pink tint to them now.

I always soak the disc in a pan upside down for a minute and then use TP that has been soaked in acetone to wipe the rest of the stamp off. I also try to turn the TP to a fresh clean side if the disc has a large stamp.
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Return to Disc Artwork