2 Dyes for Geo

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

2 Dyes for Geo

Postby plshrk » Tue May 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Sounds like he is into Geology :D. They will ship tomorrow Seth.

plshrk
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: LandSharkSports.com

Postby geoloseth » Tue May 20, 2008 7:35 pm

those look amazing. Yeah, getting a degree in geology requires a passion for goofy geology terms and lots alcohol. they look so good I might not throw them, MIGHT not but deffinitely will. I'll just make sure they don't go anywhere near the lake.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby plshrk » Tue May 20, 2008 8:14 pm

You better throw them! IF I ever see them again they better be all beat to crap :D. I lost my Pink Floyd the Wall Disc a couple weeks ago :cry: I would rather see someone get a dyed disc so I do not have to see it get lost haha. You will love them!
plshrk
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: LandSharkSports.com

Postby JR » Tue May 20, 2008 10:03 pm

geoloseth wrote:those look amazing. Yeah, getting a degree in geology requires a passion for goofy geology terms and lots alcohol. they look so good I might not throw them, MIGHT not but deffinitely will. I'll just make sure they don't go anywhere near the lake.

OT: OK as you're an expert could you give me an explanation of what a cometite is please? I've breathed in a bit of one. :shock:
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby geoloseth » Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Ive never heard of any geology related term "cometite" but there is a mineral called cummingtonite. That one always made me laugh.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Tue May 20, 2008 11:13 pm

geoloseth wrote:Ive never heard of any geology related term "cometite" but there is a mineral called cummingtonite. That one always made me laugh.

Then it's google or wikipedia for me. The Finnish term was kometiitti which should logically translate to cometite. I've worked in a lab at GSF geological survey of Finland. No I'm not a geologist. I was strictly unscientific muscle back then.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Hoey » Wed May 21, 2008 6:00 am

JR wrote:
geoloseth wrote:I was strictly unscientific muscle back then.

:lol: that's funny stuff. I haven't seen those two words next to each other for a long time!
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby JR » Wed May 21, 2008 8:50 am

bogies is dave wrote:
JR wrote:
geoloseth wrote:I was strictly unscientific muscle back then.

:lol: that's funny stuff. I haven't seen those two words next to each other for a long time!

Hehe :-)

I did google and wikipedia kometiitti and cometite with no luck. That's just what read as a description of a sample I processed and to a small degree inhaled :-( I may be a star man although not on Innova's team Star :-D

I should glow in the night as I've inhaled a bit of a river bed around Murmansk the main base for the Soviet now Russian northern fleet mainly consisting of nuclear subs.

I should be a golden boy at least because GSF won each time by a wide margin the reward for the most accurate results with gold samples in an international accuracy competition that's named quality control. Guess who did the gold samples used in the comparison while I worked there? Gold samples are used because of the current interest in it and historical importance and the relative easy to measure such a heavy element.

It's funny how most labs won't measure the lightest elements and no other lab would give out results of the lightest couple of elements after helium. For read this measurement method monstrosity: X ray fluoresence mass spectrometry.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Disc Artwork