removing stamp from wizard

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

removing stamp from wizard

Postby TheUberDork » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:04 pm

Does any one know how to remove the stamp on the wizard?
TheUberDork
Noob

Postby ferretdance03 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:48 am

I would first try the search method.
If that doesn't work, acetone and elbow grease. And good luck. Dave likes to permanently scar his discs; Gateway has deeper embossed stamps than any other manufacturer.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby jtkustomizer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:57 am

Be carefull if it is a black stamp it might smear when trying to take off.
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby sleepy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 am

ferretdance03 wrote:I would first try the search method.
If that doesn't work, acetone and elbow grease. And good luck. Dave likes to permanently scar his discs; Gateway has deeper embossed stamps than any other manufacturer.

I agree on all fronts...search, then acetone, and then live with the fact that the stamp is embossed about 60% of the way through the flightplate.

Ease up on the handle of that stamp machine, Gateway dudes! :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Dig It » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 am

Crap, I had the sweetest idea for a Wizard stamp and was wondering the same thing as the OP. Now that you guys say the stamp is hella pressed in that RUINS MY LIFE!!!!!
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:47 am

I remember reading somewhere Dave said he likes to sink the stamps in there, he thinks it's cool looking to have them like that. :roll: On some of the custom stamps I've seen though, they aren't that deep, like on the couple DD discs I have and the infamous Wizard of Oz stamp. Also, on the softer plastics, he doesn't seem to go as deep.

But...it might be all kind of a moot point, b/c I don't think any of the Gateway plastic is particularly good for dyeing. I know the S is crap for dye, and I've only seen one attempted dye on E, and it wasn't anything that looked good.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric O » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:51 am

Tim_the_Enchanter wrote:I remember reading somewhere Dave said he likes to sink the stamps in there, he thinks it's cool looking to have them like that. :roll: On some of the custom stamps I've seen though, they aren't that deep, like on the couple DD discs I have and the infamous Wizard of Oz stamp. Also, on the softer plastics, he doesn't seem to go as deep.

But...it might be all kind of a moot point, b/c I don't think any of the Gateway plastic is particularly good for dyeing. I know the S is crap for dye, and I've only seen one attempted dye on E, and it wasn't anything that looked good.
I was going to post something about the DD stamps probably being easier to remove, but I agree most of the Wizard plastic I've seen wouldn't take a dye too well.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby tim » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:14 pm

I've got a white one with the stamp permanently removed -- just acetone and elbow grease. But it was a disc that had the wizard image just barely embedded in the disc. If I were you, I'd drop David McCormack an e-mail and ask him if he's got any blanks he can send you. I've found him to be really helpful anytime I wanted a specific disc. Anyway, it's worth a try. He would probably also be able to tell you which plastic will take dye the best. I've got a tie-dyed Illusion that holds the dye just fine, but it's the only dyed Gateway disc I've seen.
Flick long and prosper.
VP/Wizard | Roc/Buzz | Firebird | Teebird | Destroyer
Vibram Putter tester -- feel free to ask me any questions.
tim
2009 DGR Donator

Return to Disc Artwork