My first attempt with Map Making *IMAGES*

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My first attempt with Map Making *IMAGES*

Postby Fritz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Here is my first attempt at making a course map using Illustrator. I'm a PS whore so using Illustrator was interesting.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby discdawg » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Looks nice! Chucking a disc over the skate park looks like fun 8)
Valkyrie - Eagle - TeeBird - Roc - Wizard
discdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TeeBird

Postby geoloseth » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 pm

Looks interesting. Lots of crossing and double use fairways...I'll make sure to keep my head down if I play the course. Did you have to pay for illustrator or can you download it for free. I like to doodle course designs in my freetime and would love to put some down to share.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fritz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 pm

geoloseth wrote:Looks interesting. Lots of crossing and double use fairways...I'll make sure to keep my head down if I play the course. Did you have to pay for illustrator or can you download it for free. I like to doodle course designs in my freetime and would love to put some down to share.

Paid for it. It's easy to find and "buy" if ya know what I mean.

Surprisingly there isn't much cross winging. Players just need to pay attention.

Most people dont' even know about the back 9 so only the club members and league players play it. Some of the lunch regulars who discovered the back nine play as well.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby krjones4 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:22 pm

Maybe its just me but the number orientation threw me for a loop as i got 6 and 9 mixed up. It made the course seem very confusing until i figured out what i did. Other than that very good and could be useful since the course uses baskets for multiple holes. My tip would be to orient all numbers right side up but as I said maybe it was just me.
-reives

Banshee-Teebird-Leopard-Roc-Aviar
krjones4
Noob

Postby Fritz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 pm

krjones4 wrote:Maybe its just me but the number orientation threw me for a loop as i got 6 and 9 mixed up. It made the course seem very confusing until i figured out what i did. Other than that very good and could be useful since the course uses baskets for multiple holes. My tip would be to orient all numbers right side up but as I said maybe it was just me.

What I did is make the top of the number the top of the tee pad. I had that concern as well. I'm actually thinking about making my next map with circle pads instead of square ones, the numbers fit better in circles.

Thanks for the suggestion :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Leopard » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 am

Circle pads is where it's at. Or if you wanna keep the teeboxes, you can drop the circled number just in front of the tee, on the flight line. Or right at the back of the tee if there's room.

Have fun with Illustrator. Lemme know if you run into problems.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Fritz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:45 am

ZAMson wrote:Circle pads is where it's at. Or if you wanna keep the teeboxes, you can drop the circled number just in front of the tee, on the flight line. Or right at the back of the tee if there's room.

Have fun with Illustrator. Lemme know if you run into problems.

I definitely have some questions, I'll be sending you an e-mail.
Thanks for the circle number tips.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Return to Disc Artwork