Lazy people who use a sharpie?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Lazy people who use a sharpie?

Postby Seneca_22 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:14 am

I'm one of them. While my graphics don't hold up as well as a die job, they do add a flare to my discs, and fade kind of cool. I use stencils and other objects along with some free hand. Anyone else?
Seneca_22
Tree Magnet

Re: Lazy people who use a sharpie?

Postby rKp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:31 am

I have done this on a couple of my discs, the Predator on a Z Predator and the Monster Energy 'M' on a green Z Avenger. The Predator has a few streaks in it after hitting trees but still looks pretty good. Definitely the lazy-mans way to do it which is why it's the method I prefer. :)

Here's a thread with a couple of us "Sharpie Artists."
rKp
Tree Magnet

Postby Seneca_22 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:41 am

Yeah, I still get cool comments on my discs at league. When I'm really REALLY lazy, I have the students at my school draw something on my discs. They are some pretty good artists and it gives them a small creative outlet.
Seneca_22
Tree Magnet

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:53 am

I dunno, it might not seem as high tech as dyeing, but I think sharpie art can be just as impressive. I don't have any myself, but there's stuff you can do with a marker you can't do with a dye--or at least not easily. Like crosshatching...wouldn't want to even think about trying that with an x-acto! Plus, it's a good alternative for plastics that won't accept a dye well. I've got a few drivers and mid-ranges that Chuck's done for me, which are sweet, but my putters, the discs I use more than anything else, are just hum drum vanilla.

Before I even knew about dyeing, the guy that got me into disc golf got into the habit of drawing a different Muppet on each of his discs. I always thought that was kinda cool, and it gave each disc a personality (I could almost hear Beaker "meep meep meeping" as he flew into a tree or something :lol: )
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Lazy people who use a sharpie?

Postby Seneca_22 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Well, did some work the past few days. Will have pics up soon. They came out pretty cool, we'll see how they hold up. Did a wolf head on my wife's wolf, and did her Valk up with two feathers, a wolf paw print, and the flag for the Iroquois Confederacy.

Did a big red and black yin yang on my Xcal.
Seneca_22
Tree Magnet

Return to Disc Artwork