Dye Rookie

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Dye Rookie

Postby JCthrills » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:01 am

Just looking for some feedback on my work, just started dyeing a few weeks ago. Knocked these one's out this weekend. See more of my & my buddies work at www.photobucket.com/JCthrills Who knew the disc golf addiction could spread into this new dyeing hobby...

White Zombie - CFR Excaliber, this one's up for trade
Joker - ESP Buzzz (little bleeding issues with deep hotstamp) for hire job, customer was happy w/ it. I also put it on a couple 08 Ace Race discs.
Metal Hands - test on my Gateway Soft Magic, dye holding good do far
Face - Back dye on a Z Avenger, my buddy really liked the Avenger stamp so I dyed the back of the disc, trade work for a freind
Punchy - X Wasp, the outline is dyed, blue & red are sharpie that I washed to a fade. Trade work for a freind. I cleaned the old owners name off with acetone before dyeing but the dye seemed to activate the old sharpie... give's me some idea's for hard to dye plastic...

Check out my dye work.... http://www.photobucket.com/JCthrills anything with FST in the title is up for grabs, make an offer :)
JCthrills
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champ Gator

Re: Dye Rookie

Postby jnecessary » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:25 pm

they all look pretty good...i'm guessing you could float them longer to get more crisp colors, but that is all really.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JCthrills » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm

The three on the bottom row were all painted on with warm dye mix. I though the same thing for the White Zombie disc, I probably let the dye cool too much before soaking that one. How long are you guys leaving in the pot?
Check out my dye work.... http://www.photobucket.com/JCthrills anything with FST in the title is up for grabs, make an offer :)
JCthrills
Noob

Postby JCthrills » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:22 am

Just updated my photobucket page with a bunch of new dyes, anything with FST in the title is... drumroll... for sale or trade :) I'm moving this weekend & I have to buy a stovetop for the basement (got married a couple weeks ago & the wife will not let me dye in her kitchen)
JCthrills
Noob

Return to Disc Artwork