I put Rogue on my DGA Rogue!!!!

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I put Rogue on my DGA Rogue!!!!

Postby StillDead » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:04 pm

SO HAPPY WITH HOW THIS TURNED OUT!!!! HA HA HAH HA HAAH HAH AH :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D Not bad for my 3rd dye job!!!!! Not perfect but man was I scared the dye would run on me...

ImageImage

Total time.... 4 1/2 hours... I have so much respect for those of you who have been doing this for awhile. That was nerve racking... took me three days of cutting because I kept getting "blurry" eyes, shacky hands...

Please leave a comment...
StillDead
Noob

Favorite Disc: Elite Z Wasp

Re: I put Rogue on my DGA Rogue!!!!

Postby Leopard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:07 pm

boobs!

the hotness. nice work
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby ChUcK » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Ahh, that's better. That's a killer vinyl cutting job. I've never experienced shacky hands, but it sounds painful and there might exist special ointments for treatment...

Nice job!
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby Fritz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Awesome work man! Rogue is hawt! ;)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby JR » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:22 am

So how can you throw discs that you've so much effort to? Especially when the result is so nice. Ted doesn't count his work gets printed in bulk so they're not that unique. At least each of them.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fritz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:15 am

JR wrote:So how can you throw discs that you've so much effort to? Especially when the result is so nice. Ted doesn't count his work gets printed in bulk so they're not that unique. At least each of them.

With pride. I love throwing my dyed discs. I don't think about how long it took me or how hard it was. All I think about is the shot at hand and how well I need to throw that disc.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby pointdisc » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 am

x2 what Fritz said.

Only thing that hurts is when some gangsta kids think it's cool to steal it...

pd
Rhyno - Element X - Eagle - Firebird - SOLF - QOLS
CLICK HEREto sign up for instant DGR karma!!!
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby Fritz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:45 am

I know for a fact, that discs haven't come back to me because of the dye jobs I put on them. But it's all good. Bad Karma for them for taking a disc that doesn't belong to them.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby StillDead » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:43 am

Shaky hands... I felt like Tom Hanks from "Private Ryan".... either that or I am having heroin withdrawl.....

I haven't thrown the disc yet... but it is the reason I got it... I just wanted my Rogue to be different from everybody elses.... and I am pretty proud of it so yeah I'm gonna toss the f*ck outta it!!!!

I have some color questions also... new thread?
StillDead
Noob

Favorite Disc: Elite Z Wasp

Postby MR. WICK » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 am

Fritz wrote:I know for a fact, that discs haven't come back to me because of the dye jobs I put on them. But it's all good. Bad Karma for them for taking a disc that doesn't belong to them.

But your dye jobs should be fairly easy to spot for the beatdown if you find someone throwing your plastic.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Fritz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:51 pm

TeamTollandDG wrote:
Fritz wrote:I know for a fact, that discs haven't come back to me because of the dye jobs I put on them. But it's all good. Bad Karma for them for taking a disc that doesn't belong to them.

But your dye jobs should be fairly easy to spot for the beatdown if you find someone throwing your plastic.

Oh yeah, I've spotted one of my dye jobs in a non-sanctioned tournament once and took it back. He threw in on my group which pissed us off, so I always put grass on top of discs that people do that on, so when I got there it was a dark side of the moon dye, I was like wtf, I lost that last week in some bushes. I turned it over, and sure enough my name had been attempted to be removed. So I took it and put it in my bag. Told the guy it landed over there somewhere.

I have two outstanding discs I'm still trying to spot. My CE EXP-1 with the 42 and HHG Thumb on it, and a SOLS that has Mt. Garfield with the Japanese symbol for wind on it. Discs I totally forgot on the course, which I realized on the last hole, went to the group behind me, which claims to not have seen them, even tho, they were the only ones other than me on the course and the discs were no where to be found.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Leopard » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:20 pm

JR wrote:Ted doesn't count his work gets printed in bulk so they're not that unique. At least each of them.

i don't throw that shit anyway... ;)

no, really the biggest kick i get is meeting a stranger who has my stuff in their bag. that's the awesome part of mass-production, that more people can appreciate and enjoy it. most of the time i don't tell them i made it. but i do say, hey.. there's some gay dinosaurs on your disc. or hey, those elephants sure look like cock-n-balls. and on a sweet throw, "nice... stamp.."

the elephants really are cock-n-balls. haha.
cracks me up when i see people wearing the elephant shirt with pride... all dick-emblazoned
:lol:
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby JR » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:41 am

Ted Damson wrote:
JR wrote:Ted doesn't count his work gets printed in bulk so they're not that unique. At least each of them.

i don't throw that shit anyway... ;)

no, really the biggest kick i get is meeting a stranger who has my stuff in their bag. that's the awesome part of mass-production, that more people can appreciate and enjoy it. most of the time i don't tell them i made it. but i do say, hey.. there's some gay dinosaurs on your disc. or hey, those elephants sure look like cock-n-balls. and on a sweet throw, "nice... stamp.."

the elephants really are cock-n-balls. haha.
cracks me up when i see people wearing the elephant shirt with pride... all dick-emblazoned
:lol:

Oh here we go again with art critiquing class examples :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:43 am

You guys play on more open courses than I do or are braver than me because I don't have the heart to loose such a beautiful piece of art that's been seen in this forum. Maybe I do have more appreciation for visual arts than I realized. Always thought myself as more of a music man.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby J-Man » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:14 pm

Oh you gotta throw that stuff. I've thrown, retired, and lost many custom dyes; hate to loose them but they gotta fly
Nice Rogue ... huk her far
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Disc Artwork