New 2009 set-up

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New 2009 set-up

Postby colombo117 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:38 pm

I have decided to take out all my high speed drivers (Avengers and XL) due to the great advice I have read on DGR over the last year and seeing I only drive 300ft.

This is what I have in mind:

1.Stable Control Drivers
Champion Leopard 166

2. Distance Drivers
Star Teebird 166

3. Understable Driver
DX Leopard (unkown weight, found it, trashed, may replace)

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
DX Gazelle 166

5. Very Overstable Driver
Esp Predator 173

Mids:
KC Pro Roc 12x 177
DX Roc 180

Putters:
Pro D Banger 169
Old Aero

I am hoping this will help me, like I said I average right around 300 feet. (Thought I threw 350ish till I went to a football field and had a rude awakening. :(

Any input or advice, something you guys think I should change? Thanks
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Re: New 2009 set-up

Postby black udder » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Stupid as this may sound, I'd try out a star 150g teebird and see how that works for you for a workhorse driver. Should hold a line quite well and won't be as overstable as the 166g star teebird.

I'd pick up a couple of the gazelles and swap out the 166g for 2 dx teebirds (similar weights if you like) and proceed to beat one of each of those in for your "dead straight" teebird and a "turnover" gazelle.

Otherwise, doesn't look too bad. You could probably drop some weight on the predator, too, so that you get some distance out of it. At that weight and plastic, it's gonna be super piggy overstable (i.e. more than I would believe 300' of distance can do much with). Now, you might use it for get out of jail or specialty shots, but as a hyzer disc or something that won't flip in the wind, that 166g star teebird fits the bill, too for you.

You could also drop some weight in the Rocs and get some more distance and a little less hyzer off the tee. But they'll beat in and be fine if you didn't want to spend the $. I'd imagine only 20-30' gain max in dropping into the high 16x range.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby garublador » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:13 am

colombo117 wrote:4. Moderately Overstable Driver
DX Gazelle 166
I'll also suggest replacing the Leopards with Gazelles as they beat in. Use this disc a lot, you'll learn a lot from it.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby colombo117 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks Guys, I like the idea of using a 150g star teebird for my main drivere and beating in the DX gazelles and teebirds to fill all the other slots. I may get a Z Pred in the low 60s, the rocs will stay because they are worn nicely and compliment each other well.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion