Work in progress bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Work in progress bag

Postby 1937Schwinn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:15 pm

I'm a high Am2 / low Am1 player with moderate power. I max out at about 360' in an open grass field (actual flight, no skip distance). I've bought a ton of plastic over the past year, and I'm trying to ween myself off this habit. I throw sidearm as much as backhand, with equal power and accuracy (or lack thereof).

Here's my current bag (I've tried to limit myself to carrying no more than 12 discs):

Distance Discs
Star T-Rex, 172 (only use this for really windy days, usually don't carry it as the Boss has all the stability I need if it's not windy)
Champion Boss 173
Star Wraith 171
Star Valkyrie 171
Older Champion Valkyrie 175 (less stable than the Star Valk)
Sometimes carry a Champion Beast 171, although I can do about the same shot shape with the Valks.

Control Discs
Champion Banshee 170
Champion Teebird 172
Gateway Assasin 172 (understable/straight, with no fade at all)

Midrange
Z Buzzz 172
Gateway E Element 175

Putt/Approach
Supersoft Wizard 172 (fairly new, still pretty stable 40'-175' shots)
Glow Magic (only use 40' and in) - may move this out once my SS Wizard gets really worn in, and cycle in a brand new Wizard, maybe soft or medium vs. SS

Any comments / suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Last edited by 1937Schwinn on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1937Schwinn
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Work in progress bag

Postby PRES 10 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 pm

pretty complete bag setup got pretty much everything you need! Good setup the valk and assassin are fairly similar you might be able to do without one
Ion|Vector|Leopard|Firebird|Valkyrie|Katana
Soon the MVP Axis!
PRES 10
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ION

Postby 1937Schwinn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:40 pm

I've never had another disc with a flight pattern like the assasin. Even the valks have pronounced low speed fade. The assasin (at least the one I have) just keeps going on the same line (either straight, or a soft right hand turn, depending on how hard I throw it) until it hits the ground. I'd like to get rid of a mold or two out of the bag, and start carrying multiple discs of the same mold (in different plastic/weight/stage of wear), but at this stage, I can't really figure out what to get rid of. Since I don't have any DX plastic in the bag, most of my discs fly about the same as when they were new. Maybe I should try a DX valk and break it in to replace the assasin?
1937Schwinn
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby PRES 10 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:26 pm

you can tune the assasin to more stability or keep the valks what ever you prefer, I tuned an assasin to about a tl and it is avery versitle disc. Its easy to do
Ion|Vector|Leopard|Firebird|Valkyrie|Katana
Soon the MVP Axis!
PRES 10
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ION

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion