TT bag setup...help your boy out.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

TT bag setup...help your boy out.

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:00 pm

D - Challengers - max wt - putts and upshots

Champ Gator - 175 - meathook midrange (this disc does a lot for me)
D-Wasps (2) one more beat one new - 174 (when I want a fade I'll throw the new one)
Z-Glide - 174 - I put this away for a long time and decided to bring it with me a few wks ago. I love this thing....again. Straight and turnovers.

Champ Teebirds - 172 - one beat, one new
Z Predator - 174 - yes I do like it better than the f.b.
Riot (or nate doss esp surge, I haven't decided yet...help me out) - 172
Boss - 173 - Goes REALLY FAR but I just don't know if it's worth it for me to throw this.
Something flippy - I have rogues, leopards, sidewinders and roadrunners (I can now make most of the leopard shots with the beat teebird).

I throw the teebirds well as a fairway driver and they have really became the workhorse of my bag. I throw them 300-330 on a controled rip on flat gound. The rest of the drivers are completely up in the air right now. It's winter time here so I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind I do throw lefty backhand so the flippy shit is pretty important to my game.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Re: TT bag setup...help your boy out.

Postby Bugbee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Have you tried a max-weight Z wasp? You might like it a bit better than the Gator, and it can probably do more. I was one of the biggest Gator-X fans out there until I tried a Sentinel MF. It could do everything that the Gator could and more. Had a Sirius and Q one in the bag. Just got an ESP and a Z wasp, gonna see how they compare. I would also choose something between the Surge, Riot and Boss. Whichever feels more comfortable in the hand and gives you the most confidence. Can't argue with the Teebird or the Predator, seeing as how they are both in my bag and will be for a long time. My suggestion:

-Challengers
-D wasps (try a max-wieght Z to see how it compares to the Gator)
-Glide - If that disc works really well for you, keep it. I like being a minimalist but sometimes a disc just works fo yah.
-Teebirds
-Pred
-Boss, Riot or Surge, pick one.
-Flippy: Maybe a sidewinder as it has some more distance potential than a leopard but its not real fast driver like the rogue, its a nice disc.
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Bugbee wrote:Have you tried a max-weight Z wasp? You might like it a bit better than the Gator, and it can probably do more. I was one of the biggest Gator-X fans out there until I tried a Sentinel MF. It could do everything that the Gator could and more. Had a Sirius and Q one in the bag. Just got an ESP and a Z wasp, gonna see how they compare. I would also choose something between the Surge, Riot and Boss. Whichever feels more comfortable in the hand and gives you the most confidence. Can't argue with the Teebird or the Predator, seeing as how they are both in my bag and will be for a long time. My suggestion:

-Challengers
-D wasps (try a max-wieght Z to see how it compares to the Gator)
-Glide - If that disc works really well for you, keep it. I like being a minimalist but sometimes a disc just works fo yah.
-Teebirds
-Pred
-Boss, Riot or Surge, pick one.
-Flippy: Maybe a sidewinder as it has some more distance potential than a leopard but its not real fast driver like the rogue, its a nice disc.

I like a minimal approach too, but like you said. That thing just plain works, it works for me on mid range shots and I can do almost everything I was doing with a leopard with this thing with a bit more control. I might have to give the z wasps another shot...I have a few of them laying around.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Postby curt » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:34 pm

I would say you need to pick b/t the leopards and a flippy teebird (i highly recommend the flippy bird, as a long midrange or short teebird can cover the leopard). Also, as a fellow lefty, you are definitely going to need a long flippy disc, either the roadrunner or sidewinder. I would choose whichever works for you, I've never thrown a SW, but do like a good RR.

This may not be a strictly minimalist approach, but there may be room for the surge and the boss. I know that I frequently need something that isn't going to flip all the way over, is longer than Teebirds, and isn't going to fade as much as the Boss at the end. I am using a light, beat wraith for this right now, the surge should be quite similar.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:17 am

I've got this figured out now:
D challengers

Champ Gator - 175
ESP Wasps (2 one new one beat) - 174
Z-Glide - 174

Z Predators (2) - 174
Champ Teebirds (2) - 172,173
Nate D. ESP Surges (2) - 173
Rogues - (2) 171, 174
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Postby Bangrrr Bob » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:24 pm

I'd swap the Glide out for a Meteor....just my 2 cents..........
Focus, Meteor, Buzzz, Stalker, Nuke, Pred....
Bangrrr Bob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Soft Focus

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:16 am

Have not tried a meteor, isn't it a bit on the slower end? I like the glide because it's faster...almost a fairway driver. I can do all the shots I used to do with a leopard better with this. And I have the Rogue for longer shots.
I'm not sold on the surges yet, sometimes they are flipping on me other times not. Toying around with this setup of using the avenger in place of the teebird and surge and throwing in a force. Only problem I need more avengers and forces to really test it out.

D Challengers
Champ Gator
Esp Wasp
Z Glide

Z pred
Esp Avenger
Rogue
Force

(my epics go in the secret pocket :D )
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Postby curt » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:32 am

How are you finding the avenger to work as a Teebird replacement?

I have been trying to find something that could replace my teebirds (just would like to know that I'm not entirely dependent on this mold, no real intention of changing). And so far, the XL, tracker, jls, and sabre simply havent cut it. (to be fair though, the XL was flx and I hate flx plastic)
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:50 am

curt wrote:How are you finding the avenger to work as a Teebird replacement?

I have been trying to find something that could replace my teebirds (just would like to know that I'm not entirely dependent on this mold, no real intention of changing). And so far, the XL, tracker, jls, and sabre simply havent cut it. (to be fair though, the XL was flx and I hate flx plastic)

yeah....the xl in flx is not an xl. The xl is the best in z and is more like a tl or a new leopard.
So far it's ok I haven't said to myself yet "I wish I had the teebird" but I haven't really been using the teebird for a long period of time. The Avenger is kind of right in the middle of the surge and teebird. The teebird is slower and a little bit more controlled, the avenger get a little more d and fades a little more. Still not sure on it though. I'll most likely be playing around with the setup most of the winter, I have a lot of plastic....just not sure it's the "right" plastic.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion