Please critique my bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Please critique my bag

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:16 am

This is my current set-up:
Drivers:
172g LE ESP Venom(overhand/trick shots)
173g 1st run ESP Flash (DGLO fund raiser)(beat)
173g ESP Flash(New)
171g Sparkle Z Force (2008 Players Cup fund raiser)
172g 1st run ESP Force(Nicely worn flat top yellow)
173g ESP Avenger SS(New)
174g ESP Avenger SS( beat-for trick shots, turnovers etc)
167g DX Eagle(a freebie that I'm experimenting with because I was curious about Eagles)
Mids:
177g LE ESP Comet(Glide baby Glide)(beat)
172g LE ESP Comet(fresh)
173g Z Buzz
174g LE ESP FLX Drone(absolute beast)
Putters:
174g ESP FLX Challenger
172-74g Crystal Z Challenger(2008 Red Hawk Amateur Championship Fundraiser-UPSHOTS!!)
172g Supercolor Challenger(2005 Lance Armstrong Foundation Fundraiser-Stiff upshots)
I'm going to try out a champ Teebird and a champ Eagle (Dx Eagle will come out) for my fairway drivers and possibly a Blaze or similar disc for short really stable stuff. I had also contemplated trying out the following against my current distance drivers:
Pro line Destroyer- for open bombs-usually use flashes and forces now
Star Xcaliber-open bombs but more stable, hyzers, wind etc-use Z force and Venom now
Wraith-bombs, painting long lines on semi wooded holes etc-avenger ss,flash, and sometimes force depending- now
I also just trimmed down before this post by removing 2 sabres in favor of covering those shots with my mids and putters. I want to continue in this direction and possibly trim more but at the same time I don't want to sell myself short. Thanks in advance for everyone's input. Happy holidays! :mrgreen:
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Re: Please critique my bag

Postby Eric O » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:30 am

Not a lot of critiquing to do here. Looks like you should have just about anything covered with that setup. You may end up loading up more on Eagles once you get used to throwing the one you have. If you took that Eagle out of your bag you would end up with a huge speed gap between your mids and distance drivers, so that one disc may end up getting a lot of time in the air. I use EagleX's for that slot and I end up using them often.

Also, if the Flash and Force are doing what you want them to I couldn't think of much of a reason other than curiosity to experiment with other distance drivers.

(By the way, I left my feedback on your wiz vs challenger comparison on the nwdgnews board.)
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Eric O wrote:Not a lot of critiquing to do here. Looks like you should have just about anything covered with that setup. You may end up loading up more on Eagles once you get used to throwing the one you have. If you took that Eagle out of your bag you would end up with a huge speed gap between your mids and distance drivers, so that one disc may end up getting a lot of time in the air. I use EagleX's for that slot and I end up using them often.

Also, if the Flash and Force are doing what you want them to I couldn't think of much of a reason other than curiosity to experiment with other distance drivers.

(By the way, I left my feedback on your wiz vs challenger comparison on the nwdgnews board.)

Thanks. I'm going to throw in a Champ Eagle in place of the DX. How much more stable are the Eagle X's?
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Postby Eric O » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:57 am

Mixed Bag Madness wrote:How much more stable are the Eagle X's?

Can of worms question. You may already know that Eagles have been in production in two different molds, like a few other Innova discs: the L (flat bottom wing) and the X (notched bottom wing). DX Eagle production was recently switched over from the L mold to the X. You'd have to look at the wing of your DX Eagle to determine which one you have if you don't already know. I haven't thrown an L mold in a while so I can't say exactly how far apart the molds are in stability.

The Star Eagles are all X mold. I love the Star ones. I think they are perfect throughout the range of brand new to beat up. The Champs have been run in both molds, and the Champ Eagle X's are way more overstable than the Stars.

Hope that clears it up a little.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Eric O wrote:

Can of worms question. You may already know that Eagles have been in production in two different molds, like a few other Innova discs: the L (flat bottom wing) and the X (notched bottom wing). DX Eagle production was recently switched over from the L mold to the X. You'd have to look at the wing of your DX Eagle to determine which one you have if you don't already know. I haven't thrown an L mold in a while so I can't say exactly how far apart the molds are in stability.

The Star Eagles are all X mold. I love the Star ones. I think they are perfect throughout the range of brand new to beat up. The Champs have been run in both molds, and the Champ Eagle X's are way more overstable than the Stars.

Yes it does. Thanks for the help. I saw on the Sun King website that Champ Eagle X's have been discontinued so I'll probably try a Star per your recommendation. I've always made it a point to not get attached to rarer discs that I can't readily buy.
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:52 am

Mixed Bag Madness wrote:
Eric O wrote:

Yes it does. Thanks for the help. I saw on the Sun King website that Champ Eagle X's have been discontinued so I'll probably try a Star per your recommendation. I've always made it a point to not get attached to rarer discs that I can't readily buy.
nah, champ eagle Ls have been discontinued, the eagle X is the only eagle now
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion