In the Good Dr.'s bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

In the Good Dr.'s bag

Postby DrRyan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Stable Drivers:
Champion Teebird 11x 175 stable mable
Champion Teebird 12x 175 fairly new but still very flippy, stable roller though.
Z Avenger 174 Thinking of changing over to some Discraft and trying to work the Avenger and Pred in.

Distance Drivers:
Proto Star Destroyer 175
Pro Destroyer 175
Nate Doss ESP Surge 173

Overstable Drivers:
First run Pro(CE Plastic) Firebird 175
Z Predator 174
Star Xcaliber 172 mainly for long flicks or windy bombs RHBH

Understable Drivers:
First run CE Valkyrie 175
CE Valkyrie 165
Champion Roadrunner 175 flippy roller

Mids:
Champion Leopard 175
Champion San Marino Roc 180
2 11x KC Pro Rocs 180
2 dx San Marino Rocs 180

Putters:
3 Wizards 175 one for driving
KC Pro Aviar for windy putts
DrRyan
Noob

Favorite Disc: the Roc, hands down!

Re: In the Good Dr.'s bag

Postby DrRyan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:07 pm

I don't really throw the Champ San Marino, Surge or Pred much but trying to work the Surge and Pred in. Tried to go with Avenger over Teebird, but alas, the Teebird is irreplaceable in my bag. Also looking to get some CE Teebirds and CE Eagles back in the bag if any of you guys have some to come off of.
DrRyan
Noob

Postby BeSquared » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:49 pm

I see a ton of overlap here. I have thrown a surge and I think you can probably chose between the Surge and the Destroyer. While the Destroyer is much faster I just see overlap here. Predator/Firebird all over again. Both are designed to do the same thing you can probably just choose one and be just fine.
Meh...
BeSquared
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:58 pm

DrRyan wrote:Stable Drivers:you could do without the avenger unless it has a significant distance gap with the teebirds
Champion Teebird 12x 175 fairly new but still very flippy, stable roller though.
Z Avenger 174 Thinking of changing over to some Discraft and trying to work the Avenger and Pred in.

Distance Drivers:pick one mold
Proto Star Destroyer 175
Pro Destroyer 175
Nate Doss ESP Surge 173

Overstable Drivers:pick between FB and PRED
Z Predator 174

Understable Drivers:you should be able to do it all with 1 of these molds
CE Valkyrie 165

Mids:
Champion Leopard 175
2 11x KC Pro Rocs 180
2 dx San Marino Rocs 180

Putters:the wizard should handle wind BETTER than the aviar, not much need for both
just my 2 cents
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby DrRyan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 pm

I am going to have to disagree with the "pick one mold to do it all" rationale. Pro and Star Destroyers fly quite a bit different and there is a major difference between a first run 175 CE Valkyrie and a later run 165 CE Valkyrie. No doubt a Firebird and Predator are very similar and complete overlap there, but the FB is 5+ years old and Pred is brand new leading to a ton of different lines b/w the two.

Thanks for the input though fellas.
DrRyan
Noob

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 pm

DrRyan wrote:I am going to have to disagree with the "pick one mold to do it all" rationale. Pro and Star Destroyers fly quite a bit different and there is a major difference between a first run 175 CE Valkyrie and a later run 165 CE Valkyrie. No doubt a Firebird and Predator are very similar and complete overlap there, but the FB is 5+ years old and Pred is brand new leading to a ton of different lines b/w the two.

Thanks for the input though fellas.
i wasnt saying pick one disc, one mold as in just destroyers or whatever
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby BeSquared » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:19 am

I will never understand why someone posts their bag and asks for opinions then turns them all away. If you know your bags good then its good, you don't need us to sign off on it.
Meh...
BeSquared
Tree Magnet

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:07 am

I am not sure I understand the attitude that people post there bags just so someone can tell them what is wrong with it, and that is the sole function of the forum.

The forum is called bag critique AND discussion.

The Dr is discussing... so chill.

I am amazed at some of the hostility in some of these responses. Maybe it is just my perception...

Distance Drivers:
Pro Destroyer 175
Proto Star Destroyer 175
Nate Doss ESP Surge 173

Control Drivers:
Z Predator 174
CE Valkyrie 165
Champion Leopard 175

Mids:
2 11x KC Pro Rocs 180
2 dx San Marino Rocs 180

Putters:

Little overlap there...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby DrRyan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:36 am

Bradley Walker wrote:I am not sure I understand the attitude that people post there bags just so someone can tell them what is wrong with it, and that is the sole function of the forum.

The forum is called bag critique AND discussion.

The Dr is discussing... so chill.

I am amazed at some of the hostility in some of these responses. Maybe it is just my perception...

I agree w/ you. All I was doing was giving a retort. Have a great day all, aces and birdies!
DrRyan
Noob

Postby garublador » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:47 am

If you don't agree with the overlap article and disc minimalism sticky then you will get responses that you don't agree with. Asking for those responses and then saying you don't like them will be viewed as trolling whether it's liked or not. Trolling is generally met with hostility. I don't see why any of this is a surprise for anyone. Did we learn nothing from matt?
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby rKp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 am

garublador wrote:Did we learn nothing from matt?
That eating animals is bad?
rKp
Tree Magnet

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:33 am

garublador wrote:If you don't agree with the overlap article and disc minimalism sticky then you will get responses that you don't agree with. Asking for those responses and then saying you don't like them will be viewed as trolling whether it's liked or not. Trolling is generally met with hostility. I don't see why any of this is a surprise for anyone. Did we learn nothing from matt?

Man, I have no idea what you are talking about...

I never said CRAP about "not agreeing" with anything about minimalism, in fact, I said quite the opposite. I simply said I thought the format of the listing the discs could be improved. If you do not agree, then FINE dude!!! Choose to disagree!

As far as being a "troll" I have no idea what you are talking about, but maybe you should take a time out. No one has done anything that has even approached an attack, or has tried to provoke an attack. To even imply such a thing is ridiculous.
Last edited by Bradley Walker on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby BeSquared » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:38 am

I apologize, didn't mean to be a jerk here. Anyway, back to the -bag-. I think it boils down to what he is comfortable with. IF he wants to cut down molds we have addressed that. Now that he has given some details on exact molds/plastic/conditions it helps me understand why the discs are there.
Meh...
BeSquared
Tree Magnet

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 am

Innova bag:

Distance Drivers:
Pro Destroyer 175
Proto Star Destroyer 175
(special roller) Champion Roadrunner 175 flippy roller

Control Drivers:
Champion Leopard 175

Mids:
2 11x KC Pro Rocs 180
2 dx San Marino Rocs 180

Putters:
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby garublador » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:No one has done anything that has even approached an attack, or has tried to provoke an attack. To even imply such a thing is ridiculous.
You mean to imply like this:

Bradley Walker wrote:I am amazed at some of the hostility in some of these responses.

I'll recap what's going on:

The guy posted his bag, got responses about how he has overlap and then said he doesn't believe in disc minimalism. BeSquared posted that he doesn't understand why someone would do that on a board that heavily pushes disc minmalism and you posted that you disagree with "the hostility in some of these responses." That's when I posted.

Posting your bag like this is implying you want people to give you advice on it unless you specifically say otherwise. Many people find that asking for advice and then saying you don't like it after it's been given somewhat insulting. You shouldn't be surprised to find some hostility in those situations.
garublador
Disc Whore

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion