In the Good Dr.'s bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: In the Good Dr.'s bag

Postby DrRyan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:50 pm

OK, let's all calm down here. I guess I should be more specific. I thought we were discussing what's in the bag and why. I guess I was looking for a little insight from players who have had a similar frustration with Innova's continued increase in the variance of flight characteristics from the same discs in the same run and plastic type. For instance, I recently bought three 175 Champ Teebirds and all three flew completely different straight "out of the box." One was the usual long straight Teebird, while one was very flippy and the last was very overstable. I have made a change to throwing some Discraft and was curious to what everyone's comparisons would be between say, the Firebird and Predator or Teebird and Avenger. I have noticed that in very stout headwinds my FB seems to hold it line and not flip whereas I am flipped the new Pred much more.

By no means did I wish to rile up hostility, and trust me, I have better things to do with my time than "troll" a message board, namely seeing patients and playing golf.

So, let's try this again. Everyone have a great and healthy day with plenty of aces and birdies!
DrRyan
Noob

Favorite Disc: the Roc, hands down!

Postby BeSquared » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:20 pm

Stick with those teebirds. My favorite driver period. They teach you control and gave me a lot of confidence. I hope it can do the same for you.
Meh...
BeSquared
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby RustyP » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:58 pm

DrRyan wrote:Putters:
3 Wizards 175 one for driving
KC Pro Aviar for windy putts

I was a longtime KC Aviar thrower (putts and approaches under 250'), but recently switched to the Wizard and I've found that it handles a headwind much better than the Aviar. Did you have a different experience?
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby DrRyan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:19 pm

RustyP wrote:
DrRyan wrote:Putters:
3 Wizards 175 one for driving
KC Pro Aviar for windy putts

I was a longtime KC Aviar thrower (putts and approaches under 250'), but recently switched to the Wizard and I've found that it handles a headwind much better than the Aviar. Did you have a different experience?

I have thrown Wizards(medium-firm) for years now. I have nothing bad to say about the wizard at all and it does well in the wind and 90+% of all my putter shots are with the Wizard but, I have had great success in the last several months with the KC Aviar on headwind putts inside the circle. I just have a couple pretty new KC aviars so obviously they will be better in the wind than my several years old Wizard/s.
DrRyan
Noob

Postby DrRyan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:21 pm

BeSquared wrote:Stick with those teebirds. My favorite driver period. They teach you control and gave me a lot of confidence. I hope it can do the same for you.

I agree 100% with sticking with Teebirds. Teebirds and Eagles are by far my favorite straight drivers. Just got frustrated with them flying different each time I would buy a new one. I have been searching ravenously for some CE Teebirds and Eagles to put in my bag, but can't see the sense in throwing a $50+ disc. Damn, those CE 'birds and Eagles were sweet!!!!
DrRyan
Noob

Postby phisherman77 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:14 pm

I've played many rounds w/ the good doctor when he still lived in KC and I'm telling you guys, this dude could play most rounds with a wizard, roc and maybe a firebird just to have something overstable (knowing him, it would probably just be a champ San Marino Roc).

I'm not touting message board distance here, but I've seen him throw a DX Roc more than 50 feet past a hole that was in the 330-350 range.

He's also a grunter; it's like playing disc golf with Monica Seles (only with a deeper voice). :lol:
phisherman77
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:17 pm

phisherman77 wrote:Monica Seles (only with a deeper voice). :lol:

Manica Seles perhaps?
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:39 pm

That's funny
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby phisherman77 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:10 pm

RustyP wrote:

Manica Seles perhaps?

i will be traveling in march to visit the Doc, I will make sure to remember that one for the trip. i'm always looking for new ways to razz him! :evil:
phisherman77
Tree Magnet

Postby DrRyan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:35 pm

RustyP wrote:

Manica Seles perhaps?

That is funny, I just read it a while ago and am still laughing when I read it again. Kudos Rusty :D
DrRyan
Noob

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion