Peppermack's Bag....Whay do you think?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Peppermack's Bag....Whay do you think?

Postby peppermack » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Stable Control Drivers:
Starfire-star-172g

Distance Driver:
Riot-opto-172g
Boss-champ-174g

Understable Driver:
Beast-champ-172g
or
Monarch-champ-175g

Very Overstable Driver:
Max-star-175g

Mids:
Demon-s-175g
Wasp-esp-175g
Buzzz-esp-177g
Impact-esp-176g
or
Kite-star-175g

Putters:
Warlock-e-180g (main putter-approach-driver)
Wizard-ss-176g (driving-putting-whatever)
or
Voodoo-e-175g

My bag has changed a bunch of times in the last few months...now that it is winter and I have a lot of time to think about it I have been trying to really get the kinks worked out. I am still thinking of trying a firebird instead of the max...but not sure and I want to try a star monarch...and of course the groove when it comes out. My average bhrh drive is ~400'as well as my fhrh drives.I like the buzzz wasp combo...the roc did not work for me and I gave it the entire summer to win a spot in the bag. Anyway, all the advice I can get would be greatly appreciated!
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Peppermack's Bag....Whay do you think?

Postby BeSquared » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Set up is solid, just a few things I would recommend:

Boss and Riot? Is the Boss the flippy one or the stable one? They -seem- similar in the numbers but I have not thrown a riot yet, they are coming though. There might be an overlap.

For your understable driver have you tried a Roadrunner? They are awesome! But between the two you have I would take the Monarch.

For your mids you can prolly limit it to the wasp/buzz and drop the rest.
Meh...
BeSquared
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby corey115 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:03 pm

-I'd choose one putter
-I agree with BS, Boss or Riot
-Monarch or Beast
-Slim down your midrange molds to Buzzz/Wasp/Demon
-use your starfire as your moderately overstable disc and get something slower for your control driver (Teebird, Eagle-X, etc.)
Predator | Avenger | Boss | Drone | Buzzz | Yeti
corey115
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JKP » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:05 pm

what kind of distance are you throwing?
Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby corey115 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 pm

it says in the post 400ish

also after reading that paragraph, I'd also drop the Max for Firebirds/Preds, they'll be slower and more controllable, the slower part won't matter, because a very overstable driver's main purpose isn't distance
corey115
1000 Rated Poster

Postby peppermack » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Dropping the Max is what I think that I am going to do...my boss is super stable....it is not anywhere near as flippy a the riot....there is no hyzer flipping the boss I have....I am slowly trying to tune it to be less stable. I will probably end up just carrying the warlock if I drop to one putter mold.
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby BeSquared » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:54 am

Give a slower fairway driver a try. As stated above the Teebird or the Eagle are both great to try. Im a teebird guy myself. They give good distance and great control and versatility.

I am also a firebird fan. Flicks and Tricks for me.
Meh...
BeSquared
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby peppermack » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

I have teebirds but for some reason they don't excite me? I bought a champ Viking that I am going to give a try, and maybe I will give an eagle another shot?
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby corey115 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:54 pm

peppermack wrote:I have teebirds but for some reason they don't excite me? I bought a champ Viking that I am going to give a try, and maybe I will give an eagle another shot?

they wont be the best for the wind, but if you arent diggin the Teebird and Eagle-X, you could try out an XL, TL, or Sabre for a control driver
corey115
1000 Rated Poster

Postby peppermack » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Last time I tried a eagle I had just started playing and it is not a friendly beginer disc, buy I will give it another shot. I can throw a teenird about 380', but when I had it in the bag I did not throw it often. I have a TL also, I will give it some extra throws too.
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby peppermack » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:25 am

Ok.....so I took out the starfire....added in a 172g champ teebird (it is one of those sweet star/champ mixes)....took out the Max and added a 171g champ firebird.....and took out the impact and added a 156g champ teebird for those long straight shots....will the firebird also take the place of the Demon? If I don't need it then I will take it out and jam something else in there. I will probably still carry two putter molds, but I am not sure....I like having the warlock and wizard in my bag.....not sure why...well ok....the Wizard drives better....but I putt better with the warlock....we will see what happens...any other advice...thanks for everyones help by the way! oh...and I got a lighter 172g champ monarch...the other one I had was a 175g....I wnated one I could turn over a little easier.
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby rodman20 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:40 am

peppermack wrote:Ok.....so I took out the starfire....added in a 172g champ teebird (it is one of those sweet star/champ mixes)....took out the Max and added a 171g champ firebird.....and took out the impact and added a 156g champ teebird for those long straight shots....will the firebird also take the place of the Demon? If I don't need it then I will take it out and jam something else in there. I will probably still carry two putter molds, but I am not sure....I like having the warlock and wizard in my bag.....not sure why...well ok....the Wizard drives better....but I putt better with the warlock....we will see what happens...any other advice...thanks for everyones help by the way! oh...and I got a lighter 172g champ monarch...the other one I had was a 175g....I wnated one I could turn over a little easier.

i think the firebird will allow you to take out the demon. For a while i carried a demon but picked up a banshee which booted the demon out. I found i could do the same stuff i needed to with the banshee as well as a bit more. Obviously the firebird is longer but it will do the same meathook thing for ya.
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird/Roc

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion