I think... that I am finished...

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I think... that I am finished...

Postby practically invincible » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Overstable Driver:
174g St. Firebird (Headwinds only)

Pro-Stable:
166g Ch. 12x Firebird (Hyzers/Flex Shots/Trouble Disc etc.)

Control Drivers:
168g St Eagle (go to driver)
175g St Eagle (Breezes/less turn)

Distance Drivers:
166g Ch Orc
169g Ch Orc

Understable Drivers
167g Ch Orc (beat in)
164g Ch Roadrunner (Big turnovers/rollers)

Midrange:
174g Z Wasp
178g Z Buzzz
170g Z Breeze (turn overs/loaner for kids who only have a boss and can only throw 200')

Putting:
2x 162g S wizards (Driving/Jumps, worn and newer)
175g Black Proto (bad weather)
170g SSS Wizard (general Putts)

Please, comments welcome. This is the effort of weeks of trading and field time. Now it needs to get warm so I can drive decent again.
The only disc I throw well consistently is my lucky Wizard.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Re: I think... that I am finished...

Postby practically invincible » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Sorry for the double... I have a 150g magic on the way too... trying it out for jump shots etc...
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm not fully clear on what you mean by "pro stable", but I'd bet you could use just 1 Firebird to cover all your overstable needs...maybe try a 170g, since that weight's right in the middle of the other 2. If you're not looking to condense anymore, I'd say it's already a pretty solid set-up.

Anything in particular you want to change that we could give feedback on?
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby kern9787 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:36 pm

practically invincible wrote:170g Z Breeze (turn overs/loaner for kids who only have a boss and can only throw 200')

:lol:
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby practically invincible » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Just seeing if anyone saw any holes or overlaps that I had missed. pro-stable/moderately overstable whatever you wanna call it. It's more usable and less piggy compared to the star.

And kern, i wasn't joking about the breeze... as soon as they came out we were seeing kids at the course by my house with proto boss's just dying. It was partially amusing. The PIAS near the course was telling people that it was the longest driver you could buy... good times.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Postby kern9787 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:45 pm

I know you weren't joking. I know exactly what you were talking about as a matter of fact. At least you can chalk that up to the players being new. I know players on my local courses that throw bosses, destroyers, xcals, etc. on holes that I usually throw rocs at. Most of their bags consist of putters and long distance drivers. Then they complain about throwing inconsistent.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby rodman20 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:46 pm

kern9787 wrote:I know you weren't joking. I know exactly what you were talking about as a matter of fact. At least you can chalk that up to the players being new. I know players on my local courses that throw bosses, destroyers, xcals, etc. on holes that I usually throw rocs at. Most of their bags consist of putters and long distance drivers. Then they complain about throwing inconsistent.

haha reminds me of this guy i play with.
We have a standing game each week on tuesdays me, him and another guy. Well me and the other guy are working on our game and i have tried telling them both to come here or pass info along that i know to them. Well the other guy listens to me. He and I have progressed over the last 4-5 months where as the first guy only carrys a boss, xcal, destroyer, a valk (his midrange/upshot disc) and a putter and hasen't. Before it was always the three of us close in score but now me and the guy who listens stay close to each other and are beating him by 5+ strokes consistantly.
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird/Roc

Postby practically invincible » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:51 am

I saw a guy at a local pitch and putt (I pull out an eagle on one hole, everything else is buzzz/wasp/wiz) and he shoots every shot out of the nine with a boss, I do at least 4 with a putter. Then he misses almost every putt from outside 15 feet. And he gives people tips on driving... oh lord...
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Postby Eric O » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:47 am

Almost my bag exactly, so yeah, I like. If you were to exchange Firebirds and your mids for Preds and Rocs, and the RR for a Valk, then we'd have a perfect match.

Notice you have the Eagles in star and the Orcs in champ. That is how I've been gravitating lately also.

Also notice some lighter drivers in there. I just got a 167g Champ Orc in a trade recently. First time throwing an Orc that isn't in the 170s. It's great, starting to become the Orc I reach for most often.

If you haven't tried medium wizards for driving I bet you'd like them.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby practically invincible » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

The softs I have are fairly slick and stiff, maybe close to a medium. I got a bunch in the MS 5 dollar deal a while back.

And yes sir, 60's Orc are MONEY. Seriously. I have em all in the 60's and all in pink (nine in my collection). The max weights are pretty nice as well, but only on certain lines and they break in alot differently, IMO.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion