Peppermack's Bag....revised again.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Peppermack's Bag....revised again.

Postby peppermack » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 am

Control Driver:
Teebird-champ-172g
Teebird-champ-156g

Max D:
Destroyer-star-169g

Stable:
Riot-opto-173G
Boss-champ-174g

Overstable:
Firebird-champ-171g

Understable:
Beast-champ-167g

Mids:
Buzzz-esp-177g
Wasp-esp-175g
Kite-star-175

Putter:
Warlock-evo-176g

So I threw out the Impact and replaced it with the kite and the 156g teebird and this has worked out pretty well. I have been getting some serious D with the destroyer so it has made it back into the bag. Pres 10 traded me some surges so I am going to try them out and see if they will replace the riot. and I am going to throw the Buzzz/wasp combo...I like this better then the various rocs. I am sure the kite will end up coming out once it is warm out and there is not a ton of snow. I rotate in a monarch once in a while depending on my mood. I am of course going to get a groove next week when they come out to see how they go! Anyway, any comments?
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Peppermack's Bag....revised again.

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 am

My opinion:
Mids:
Buzzz-esp-177g
Wasp-esp-175g
Kite-star-175
you could do without the buzz here. The esp wasp flies like a beefy buzzz not really that overstable and once it's beat a bit will fly straight with a fade. i use a wasp and a glide right now for mids. Lot of people are now using the wasp/comet as well.
Also the weight differences don't screw you up with the 156 teebird?
Riot boss and destroyer. Pick one of these.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby peppermack » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:45 pm

My boss is a stable pig so it does not overlap with the riot or destroyer...I think the riot will end up out of the bag though...I am going to try out the groove when it gets here, and a surge and maybe a surge ss too. I have not used the wasp buzzz combo enough to see I do not need both...we have 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground so I have not played in a few weeks. The weight difference between the two teebirds does not bother me...I know they fly different so it is no biggy. Anyway...thanks for the feedback...anyone else out there have any suggestions?
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby Triplebogey » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:53 pm

TeamTollandDG wrote:My opinion:
Riot boss and destroyer. Pick one of these.

I second the motion!
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby JR » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:48 pm

For me DF 175 Boss, Riot and Destroyer in order of lessening HSS and LSS both fly differently. Destroyers need the least power to fly straight for any length of time when broken in. Riot is the shortest for me but it's new and my first run Destroyer is broken in nicely and the new Boss lacks flashing and has been tuned to less stable. Boss outdistances Riot because it's so much faster despite the significantly harder fade of the Boss.

The Boss is difficult to place on low drives because it skips so much and it's difficult to predict if it's 45 degree to the left skip or 90. So few throws because of snow that I haven't seen other skips I've heard of. My longest 90 degree skip was 100'. Rarely under 15' of sideways movement in skips which doesn't help with getting birdies on par 3 holes. I'd rather use something less skippy for anything that has a makeable putt after the drive.

Only for low ceilings and open distance beyond my drive+putting D or high s curves with 70 degree hyzer landing or flicks Boss does something consistent and usable for me. YMMV. The Boss is very input power hungry thus flying different for different power throwers. I'd say reaching 400' with other fast discs first is the minimum _barely_ usable backhand power for this disc and it's probably a lot better for 450'+ crowd. 400' is ok for Riots and fine for Destroyers flight lines and shaping possibility wise. For flicks the Boss is fine for me at least with a lot less D than 400'. Go figure. I can throw fairly understable stuff FH so it may just be I'm not off axis torquing the Boss but who knows? At least it's got a different wing width to so many discs that it may make a difference in flicking.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby peppermack » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 am

I can get the boss out to about 400...and the destroyers out to about 450 or so on a good throw (maybe 3 out of 10). I have had the boss skip so much and almost come back at me. I am 90% certain that I am going to drop the riot...I have two Groove's coming so hopefully those will take their spot. I found that I just through the riot on one hole on my local course and that does not justify carrying it....my teebird works fine for that whole. The Boss does work great for fh shots...I like the 400' shot and then the monster skip for my fh shots. Or for a low ceiling shot with something real low at about 200' so I hit the skip at that spot and get another 150' of d off the skip. The boss will stay in most likely. I have not gotten to play much the last 5 weeks because we have two feet of snow so my ideas and bag may change when I actually get to play.
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion