I hate you all.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I hate you all.

Postby roman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:50 pm

I miss my Bosses, Beasts, Wraiths, Teerexes, etc. I never had them all together in the bag at the same time, but I had fun throwing them. Until I discovered this forum and I realized I couldn't throw a true hyzer for the life of me. It didn't bother me at first but the more I noticed it the more it bugged me. Took a lot of the fun discs out of my bag recently and saw my game improve dramatically. My scores haven't changed, but my discs are going where I want them to more consistently and I find myself staying out of the rough more. I like it. I think I'll stick with this bag for now. I top out around 360 with my Teebirds, 320 with my Rocs, and 300 with my Wizards.

175 DX Teebird (new, poppy top) - overstable/wind driver
169 DX Teebird (seasoned) - control/understable driver
177 Super Roc (newish) - stable
176 11x KC Roc (beat) - understable
170 Medium Wizard (newish) - stable putter/driver
175 Glow Aviar (beadless, beat) - main putter, touch shots, short turnover drives

I thought I needed a Predator for the wind, but that poppy top DX Teebird is so overstable I have yet to hit a wind powerful enough to flip it, and yesterday the winds were blowing consistently at 15-25mph with gusts over 30mph. I guess if there's a small hurricane coming through or if a certain course requires skip shots, I'll put the Predator back in the bag.

On the plus side, I'm really enjoying all the extra room in the bag and all the weight off my shoulder :lol:
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Re: I hate you all.

Postby Triplebogey » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:10 pm

I can't believe you don't have a SINGLE Speed 11+ overstable driver in premium plastic... HERETIC!!!

:-b X-P
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:58 am

there is no problem iowth having a super warp speed disc in the bag as long as you have the restraint to know when to throw it and when to not
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:07 am

Glad to see you took the advice of the forum and are seeing results from it.
Personally, I don't throw any of the fast drivers either. Well, I carry Orcs. 4-5 of them to be exact... And that's it.
And Im completely happy without having any of the new thick rimmed drivers. I can chunk an orc 410 peak... But 350-ish average. If you're throwing a teebird 360 you're doing nothing wrong. And a Roc 320 is pretty awesome. That basically means you can prolly drive with a Roc on any hole under 300'. Which should = a more accurate drive with a nice putt.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby garublador » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 am

I'd put a Z Pred back in the bag and do this:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=600

Discs like the Z Pred aren't super useful because they fight headwinds so wel, they're super useful for spike hyzers. Once you see just how awesome they are you'll wonder why you haven't been carrying them all along.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby black udder » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:02 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:there is no problem iowth having a super warp speed disc in the bag as long as you have the restraint to know when to throw it and when to not

I'm right with ya. You discover there aren't that many occassions to throw them. It is nice to pull them out from time to time though :)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Bugbee » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 am

Preds are the bomb for thumbers also. I can't tell you how many times I have saved par from the rough with a nice Z Pred Thumber. Even at short distances (mind the skip) it works great.
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Postby roman » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Once I clean up my form enough that I can throw a smooth hyzer without thinking about it, will put the Pred back in and work on the spike hyzers. Right now I still need more practice keeping my follow through on a level plane. Same goes for thumbers... I used to be able to do them, then stopped, now I need to practice them again to get them down because I can't throw one longer than 150 feet. I will work on that after I get my basic form ironed out since that is my top priority.
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion