contents of my bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

contents of my bag

Postby Ode » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:38 pm

heres my bag that i carry at the moment. feel free to comment on anything that looks amiss.

drivers
175 11x firebird (thumbers, need more stable than xcal)
175 echo xcal (wind or long left holes)
170 first run star xcal (these to me are money for a max power shot that i need predictability on)
172 feldberg boss (slightly more stable)
175 first run boss (slightly less stable)
175 star wraith (beat in, lost in the woods for 6 months and is not amazingly straight)
175 champ sidewinder (i use this basically as a fairway straight throw at 50% power)

fairways
175 star whippet-x (i dont think ill ever take these out of my bag)
175 star teebird (these things are pigs compared to dx for me)
175 dx teebird
171 pro leopard (i may drop this since the sidewinder is just as understable with less power)

mids
180 4x glow champion roc (stable as hell)
180 kc roc (seasoned, straight)
175 champ panther (this may leave soon, i almost never throw it in a round)

putters
175 Qmega
175 dx big bead aviar
175 omega supersoft
174 test run pro xd(soft) (i thought i would like this, but the rim is too small compared to what im used to for putters)

im thinking of trying out a SS wizard. i prefer hard putters for longer throws and short pitch puts and soft for 40+ft spin puts but havent found a stable soft putter that i like. the qmega is a new addition and so far i really like it but i havent decided if i prefer it over a normal dx P&A. panther and leopard are probably leaving my bag since i actually prefer to use a putter for short turnovers and sidewinder for longer so they never really get thrown unless its a extremely tight fairway. With the approach of tourny season, im going to try to stick with this bag and really get these down. I started a whole new bag at the beginning of winter to begin beating in a new set so i have backups and ive began trading away all my discs i dont throw for the molds i do and im generally happy with it. All i really need is a putter setup i will stick with and the star bosses to be released so i can get away from this horrible slick champion plastic all the wide rim discs are being molded in right now and i think ill be set.
Ode
Tree Magnet

Re: contents of my bag

Postby Ode » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:49 pm

i picked up a groove and tried it out for a few rounds and was not impressed. im sticking to the boss.
Ode
Tree Magnet

Postby Triplebogey » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:21 pm

The XCal and Boss overlap a bit.

How far are you throwing??
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby Ode » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 pm

well i dont really measure often since i feel im a bad judge of distance. fortunately at a semi local course they have a hole with stones marking the distance. so as of sunday im throwing a little over 375 on a straight flat drive with the star xcal, its max height was below 20'. ive definately thrown longer with a flex boss or hyzerflip wraith. theres a hole at my home course whats a perfect helix shot that ive made it within 20 feet of the pin and the sign says its 460, but that was with an incredible skip. so id say 350+ is my average distance for a controlled distance drive.
Ode
Tree Magnet

Postby Triplebogey » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:59 pm

Ode wrote: id say 350+ is my average distance for a controlled distance drive.

In that case I'd get rid of the Boss. You might get some awesome D with it, but i don't see it helping your game.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby reed » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:09 pm

If you're throwing around 350 i personally don't think you need the xcal or the boss. add a couple wraiths and go with those and the teebird.
reed
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Valk

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion