i love my bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

i love my bag

Postby rodman20 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Heres my bag ive been using for the last 2 months. Ive gotten much better and really like the discs i have. 350-360 backhand with the wraith, 310-330 with the teebirds. Forehand 330-350. All average lengths with an occasional bomb here and there with each. Really wanting to push the birds out to 330+ consistantly and the wraith even further. I think I have all my gaps filled, i think the weights are a little high on some of the discs but im happy with the distance for now and dont want to raplace then all with lighter ones then have to beat them in. I was looking at picking up a predator to try out. Not looking to replace the banshee but would like to see what all the hype is about (not a fan of the firebird).

Distance Driver
173g Champ Wraith (traded beat one i got, it is so sweet and this thing bombs for me on a great hyzer flip)

Very Overstable
175g Champ Banshee

Mod Overstable
173g Champ Boss (main forhand disc)
174g New DX teebird

Stable Control
173g DX Teebird (beat to straight, so money)

Understable
170g Trashed DX teebird

MIDS:
175g New Elite Z buzz (go left)
175g Cryztal buzz (beat to straight)
170g Beat elite X buzz (go right)
177g ESP Comet (testing this out. i really like it, very straight right out of the box and great glide)

Putters
175g New Soft Wizard (chalky big stamp type, found at PIAS $4.99)
175g Firm Wizard (beat to straight)
166g Firm Wizard (Beat to straight and i use this this lighter one for uphill putts and jump putts)
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird/Roc

Re: i love my bag

Postby kern9787 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:37 am

Good way to add some d would be to drop the wraith. Really work with the teebirds (and your form) until your pushing them upwards of 350'. Then start throwing in a high speed driver. By this time you should have a lot more control of something like a wraith (and more d). Did the same thing end of last summer and it has paid off big time.

Other than that, the bag looks really solid.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby rodman20 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:08 am

kern9787 wrote:Good way to add some d would be to drop the wraith. Really work with the teebirds (and your form) until your pushing them upwards of 350'. Then start throwing in a high speed driver. By this time you should have a lot more control of something like a wraith (and more d). Did the same thing end of last summer and it has paid off big time.

Other than that, the bag looks really solid.

Yea i only bring the teebirds to field pratice. I just use the wraith cus its cheap easy distance on wide open holes.
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:09 am

I find that it's a lot easier to learn with more "workable" drivers like the DX Eagle-X, DX Gazelle or D Cyclone than the Teebird but YMMV.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby kern9787 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:11 pm

One thing I really like about the wraith is that once you are able to throw them to their full flight (400 +), they really are pretty accurate and don't fade and skip as extreme as other high speed discs.

garublador wrote:I find that it's a lot easier to learn with more "workable" drivers like the DX Eagle-X, DX Gazelle or D Cyclone than the Teebird but YMMV.

QFT
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Triplebogey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Fire your Boss!!! :lol:
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby rodman20 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Triplebogey wrote:Fire your Boss!!! :lol:

haha yea i know it has no place in my bag
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion