Jimmy's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Jimmy's Bag

Postby Jimmy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:07 am

Star Valkyrie, 170g, new, backup
Star Valkyrie, 170g,
Pro Valkyrie, 170g, fairly beat, straight shots

11x Champ Firebird, 170g, drives that need to finish mad left, thumbers, forehand shots
11x Champ Firebird, 172g, wind, thumbers, forehand shots

Champ Roadrunner, 172g, Annys, probably be gone soon and just use beat valks
Star Roadrunner, 175g, Roller attempts, probably could also be handled by beat valks

Star TL, 170g, fairway driver, much confidence
Star TL, 170g, backup

11x KC Pro Whippet, 172g, Spike Hyzers, lots of spike approaches, extreme wind putter, trick shots
11x KC Pro Whippet, 174g, wind, backup for above
...no, I'm not getting rid of my Whippets. I love to use it for spike approaches and throw-in attempts. Tons of confidence in them.

DX Roc, 180g, beat
DX Roc, 180g, new

First Run Pro Aviar, 175g
First Run Pro Aviar, 175g
...I don't throw putters much. I tend to like Rocs for everything outside 60 feet or so and for approaches.

I know there's some overlap, but I rarely look at a shot and can't decide which disc to throw. Every disc has a purpose and a job. Except the Roadrunners. I'll probably get rid of them soon.

Any notes?

Fritz wrote:Play with Jimmy, he is cool as hell!

Aviars / Rocs / Whippets / Gators / Leopards / TLs / Teebirds / Eagle-X's / Firebirds

My Trade/Sale list:
Jimmy's Trade/Sale List
Jimmy
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Jimmy's Bag

Postby Triplebogey » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:30 pm

I don't think you'll find any objections to that set-up on this board.

Looks pretty solid.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby kern9787 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:40 am

What do you use for light to medium headwinds? Seems like there is a gap between too much wind for a valk, too little for a firebird. I don't have much experience with a valk so I may (and likely am) wrong. (Last I threw one, it flew the same as every other disc... climbed for about 150' and dove hard left... :oops: )
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby adidadg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:26 am

Good setup. You are right about the roadrunners, a beat valk would just as well fill that slot. Also i agree with Kern, you could use something moderately overstable. Maybe a champion Teebird, this would complement your TL's well. Or something faster like an Orion LF would work too.
adidadg

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 am

looks good, you could replace the RRs with a DX Valk, and id definitely vote for tossing in a SOLF,Avenger,Starfire,Discmania PD or maybe a DX firebird for a moderately overstable mold
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby chunk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:09 pm

adidadg wrote:Good setup. You are right about the roadrunners, a beat valk would just as well fill that slot. Also i agree with Kern, you could use something moderately overstable. Maybe a champion Teebird, this would complement your TL's well. Or something faster like an Orion LF would work too.

+1 on the champ teebird for your a mod overstable. i have a 172g in my bag that i use for this.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Jimmy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:24 pm

First of all, I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I have been thinking of a Mod overstable disc, likely Teebirds, which I have experience with. I'm not sure of the overlap with the TL's. I imagine that once I get some Teebirds beat in, I won't need the TL's anymore, but I love the TL. What do you think? What about an Eagle (which I've never thrown)?

Fritz wrote:Play with Jimmy, he is cool as hell!

Aviars / Rocs / Whippets / Gators / Leopards / TLs / Teebirds / Eagle-X's / Firebirds

My Trade/Sale list:
Jimmy's Trade/Sale List
Jimmy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby kern9787 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 am

Jimmy wrote:I imagine that once I get some Teebirds beat in, I won't need the TL's anymore, but I love the TL. What do you think? What about an Eagle (which I've never thrown)?

Your right. You won't have much of a place for it anymore. When I reworked my form, I was throwing TL's. I got very comfortable with them and very attached, but I ditched them in favor of teebirds. Its not that the TL isn't a good disc, but that the teebird is really that much better and versatile. I don't think you'll regret the move.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion