MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby maks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 pm

ok this is what i have in my bag except they dont fit cause i need a new bag :(

2 Champ Grooves (testing em out)
1 TeeRex (fast and stable) also love it for sidearm shots
1 Champ Wraith (Big S shots)
1 Champ Firebird (Windy days)
1 dx Valkyrie (distance shots + turnovers) Need 1 more since i lost one :x
1 Champ Valkyrie
1 glow Valkyrie
2 dx Teebirds (fairway Drives)
1 Star Teebird
2 Star Cros (the only mid i trust)
2 Glow Aviars

I play in the dark like once a week

what do you guys think???
I throw RHBH but can throw sidearm when needed
Last edited by maks on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maks
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: ¡NOW IN DENVER, CO!
Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby kern9787 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm

4 Cros seems likes a lot to me. You could also use a beat dx valk for anything the monarch would do. Other than that looks pretty good.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 am
Location: Abilene, Tx

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby maks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:02 pm

kern9787 wrote:4 Cros seems likes a lot to me. You could also use a beat dx valk for anything the monarch would do. Other than that looks pretty good.

yeah i only wanted 2-3 but the deals kept comming. ill probably take out 1-2 till they are needed

well see about the Monarch....i dont know why i love it so much
maks
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: ¡NOW IN DENVER, CO!
Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby Triplebogey » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Have you tried a CFR Cro?? What about DX Cro's??

If you don't like a beat Valk as a roller, you might want to try a Sidewinder.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Barbara Co.,Ca
Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby maks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Triplebogey wrote:Have you tried a CFR Cro?? What about DX Cro's??

If you don't like a beat Valk as a roller, you might want to try a Sidewinder.

sorry i dunno " CFR" lingo.
i havnt seen a dx cro but as soon as i do ill buy one. i love the feel of the star though and i have one thats already pretty beat in. Thats pretty much the only reason why i get dx stuff because they beat in faster.

um im still trying to perfect the roller i still need help getting the aiming down. once i get acurate at the roller ill see what feels best to me.
thanks for the suggestion though......ill look into the sidewinder.
I like to keep the Valkyries in the air though so thats why i use the monarch.
maks
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: ¡NOW IN DENVER, CO!
Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby Triplebogey » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:43 pm

maks wrote:...sorry i dunno " CFR" lingo.


It stands for Champion Fund Raiser. It's a Cro in Champ plastic, that's only available as a special promotion to support a Tournament.

I scored one CFR Cro, and it's pretty sweet, it's slightly more overstable with better glide.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Barbara Co.,Ca
Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am

Triplebogey wrote:
maks wrote:...sorry i dunno " CFR" lingo.


It stands for Champion Fund Raiser. It's a Cro in Champ plastic, that's only available as a special promotion to support a Tournament.

I scored one CFR Cro, and it's pretty sweet, it's slightly more overstable with better glide.

cough cough candy fund raiser
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby Triplebogey » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
Triplebogey wrote:
maks wrote:...sorry i dunno " CFR" lingo.


It stands for Champion Fund Raiser. It's a Cro in Champ plastic, that's only available as a special promotion to support a Tournament.

I scored one CFR Cro, and it's pretty sweet, it's slightly more overstable with better glide.

cough cough candy fund raiser


You're right.

I need to lay off the crack pipe... :lol:
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Barbara Co.,Ca
Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:10 pm

i would dump the monarch as it can overlap either your wraiths or grooves and just use the Valks for these duties. Lots of folks do without but i really like to have a slot in my bag for a longer moderately overstable disc to really be your accurate workhorse on longer holes, something that functions like a longer fairway driver. you could use your DX birds for this slot but you will be limiting the lines you can throw at longer distances when compared to a disc like a SOLF,Avenger,PD,starfire.etc
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: MAKS BAG OF GOODNESS

Postby maks » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:i would dump the monarch as it can overlap either your wraiths or grooves and just use the Valks for these duties. Lots of folks do without but i really like to have a slot in my bag for a longer moderately overstable disc to really be your accurate workhorse on longer holes, something that functions like a longer fairway driver. you could use your DX birds for this slot but you will be limiting the lines you can throw at longer distances when compared to a disc like a SOLF,Avenger,PD,starfire.etc

maybe the wind gods heard you cause i lost one of my valks in a mystery location and ended up finding a new teerex.

i think the teerex should fill the spot your talking about right???
that was my fav. valkyrie too :(
maks
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: ¡NOW IN DENVER, CO!
Favorite Disc: Super-Roc


Return to Bag Critique / Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest