Friend's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Friend's Bag

Postby Banzai » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:05 am

This is my buddy's bag. A lot of these discs were found plastic w/ no name or number, so it's kind of a mixed bag. I was wondering what you all would do to whip it into shape. Suppose he wanted to buy only 1 or 2 discs ... what would you add or drop?

ESP Force 1st run
Pro Wraith
Champ. Monarch
Champ. Valk x-out

Champ. Eagle-X
Champ. KC Gazelle
Champ. KC Gazelle x-out

KC Roc 12x
Z Buzz
DX Shark

KC Aviar
Aviar P'n'A
DX Birdie
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: Friend's Bag

Postby Bugbee » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:22 am

Knowing nothing about this dude's actual form or performance on the course, I have to assume he is throwing somewhere between 300 and 350 feet. Choose between the force and the wraith and the valk and the monarch. Also, have him pick one mid and one putter. Have him buy a beefy disc like a Predator or a Firebird and something Mod overstable like a Starfire, OLF, Avenger. The fairways look alright to me, I am not too much of a stickler. If he isn't throwing over 350 he could most likely drop the Force and the Wraith and be better off for it.
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Postby mark12b » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm

force is probably fine for the super-overstable slot. he'd probably be best off picking just one of the other distance drivers and dropping the other two. drop the buzzz, pick up a dx roc and a dx eagle-x or gazelle. drop the shark when the roc beats in. drop the birdie.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Banzai » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:08 am

He throws about 350, but is dead accurate in his short game and doesn't miss from 30' in. The buzzz is prob. the most used disc. So that's not going anywhere.

That force is a flippy-ish first run. It's not the best wind disc... but prob. suffices for the mod. overstable slot.

For putters, I think: drop the birdie.
For mids: drop the shark, give me the KC Roc, and add a Q-sent or Z wasp or something!
For fairways: pick either the Gazelles, or the Eagle-X. Add a DX version of that mold.
For drivers: add a Champ FB, or a Z pred; pick either the Monarch or the Valk; pick either the Force or the Wraith.

If I had my way, it'd be:
KC Aviar
Aviar PnA
Z Buzz
Z Wasp
Ch. Gazelle (x2)
DX Gazelle
Ch. Valk
Z Pred
ESP Force

That seems like a pretty solid bag.
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Banzai » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 am

Just out of curiosity, I also have another friend who is just getting into the sport. He already got some discs, but is looking to get some more. What would you recommend? This is what he has.

DX XD
Omega SS
DX Viper
Glow Sidewinder (beat)

I was thinking he should add a Z Buzz and a DX Gazelle? Any other thoughts?
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion