tgm's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: tgm's bag

Postby masterbeato » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:01 pm

IMO i would only work with 3-4 molds tops since your midrange molds i see will have an overlap between the buzzz and the roc because once you start beating in a roc you will have a couple rocs that will be around the similar standings as a buzzz (but far far more workable, meaning you should have more use for a roc than a buzzz at that point), but for right now i would say all of your rec rounds that do not matter and all of your field work for the next month or so, work with these following molds only:

DX Teebird

D (or X) Cyclone - it really depends on if the D plastic is the old mold plastic, but if not then X is ok.

DX Roc

Wizards are ok if that is all you have, but if you have like a DX/KC Aviar or something that is more workable, that would be even better, but i would not worry too much about it if you do not have any laying around.

after about a month, throw a buzzz and everything else, then see how much easier it is.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby tgm » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:47 pm

So I think I'm improving. I've been playing with the Rocs more and throwing them for probably a good 50-60% of my throws. They're going nice and straight now with just a bit of fade at the end and I'm consistently getting around 285 out of them and sometimes getting 300. I think I've gotten rid of turning it over. Consequently, I'm getting my Teebirds out to 325 now and 350 when I get loosened up. The Buzzz is still my go-to disc though but I'm sold on how versatile the Roc is. I'm actually finding on many of the holes I can get there with the Roc now so I'm pulling out my drivers less and less. I've also dropped my Predator for a star Teebird for normal days. I recently picked up a 160g Teebird and I love the glide it gets. Usually my Teebrids are ~170, so I'm going to give the lighter one a bit of time.

The new spider monkey setup (my regular bag)
Organic Wizard
(2) KC Pro Roc
(2) Z Buzzz (sometimes a Cyztal or FLX)
ESP Cyclone
D Cyclone
DGA Flathead Cyclone (150g) - something new to try with the lighter weights, replacing my X Cyclone for a bit
Star Teebird
Champ Teebird
DX Teebird

When it's windy out, I swap the DGA/X Cyclone for a FLX Predator, but the Star Teebird is plenty stable for most days.
sols, trak, pd/teebird, firebird, buzzz, ridge, summit
tgm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby tgm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:24 pm

After most of the spring/summer without a distance driver, I played this week at Bryant Lake and thew an ESP Surge in the bag. I think all the work with the Teebird has really helped since I'm throwing the Surge much better now and I'm getting some good distance on it, about another 20-30ft on my Teebirds. I've had to adjust a little bit though as the disc acts a bit less stable than I remember and is flying more like the numbers in Joe's chart. Quite useful for those few long, open holes during the round. I even managed to fly past the basket and into the tree behind it on hole #5, which I think is one of my longer throws (on the course) even with the elevation adjustment and then to plant my drive at the base of the steps on #7.

So the Surge gets a spot in the back of the bag and bumps the light Cyclone.
tgm
Tree Magnet

Postby tgm » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:04 pm

2011 season has been the year of the PD for me. I got it late last fall and fell in love over the winter and spring. The thing just flies. I've been playing with the Firebird too and I like it but it has a tendency to fly too straight for longer than I usually want. I've been neglecting the Buzzz in favor of the Roc but I'm starting to give the Buzzz more time lately. The Ion has also started getting a bit more play for straight shots approaches and putts when the Wizard isn't behaving. I have one sort of open rotation slot in the bag that usually gets filled with a DX Teebird/Eagle for water shots or other risky shots although the Roc is starting to take that roll now. Sometimes I'll throw a JLS, DD or Surge in there depending on the course.

Current bag
Organic Wizard - main putter
Ion - secondary putter, approaches
KC Roc - work horse
2x Z Buzzz
2x ESP Cyclone
Firebird/Predator (still rotating the slot)
P-PD
S-PD
Open slot (usually a dx teebird or dx eagle)
tgm
Tree Magnet

Postby tgm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Slight tweak to the bag before heading up to Highbridge. The ION is out for a bit. I've been driving with a Wizard and getting good results finally and I think keeping with the same mold as putting has helped shave a couple strokes off. I'm going to keep trying to throw the Wizard more and more now that I have enough distance for a lot of holes around town. I also tried a slightly heavier FB and it's doing what I want now so that good. FLX Pred sits until winter.

Organic Wiz - putting
SS Wiz - driving/approach (a bit toward soft)
KC Roc
Z Buzzz
D Buzzz
2x ESP Cyclone
Star Firebird
P-PD
S-PD
Teebird
tgm
Tree Magnet