Slowing it down

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Slowing it down

Postby Sean40474 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:22 pm

JR wrote:
rooneytunes wrote:The more and more I'm using the SEX and the River, the more I feel like the River is basically a squirrely eagle that can't handle a headwind. So I'm looking to audition a leopard for that turnover, straight w/ minimal fade fw driver spot. I've heard that the star leopards are more stable than their champ and pro counterparts. Is that true? If you were to choose a leopard, what plastic flies the way a leopard "should" fly? Thanks for the help.

Stars fade more true. Echo Stars too. DX fades the least and once broken in flip way more than the rest. Haven't thrown Pro Leos. Champs have a very mild fade so they can work depending on what you want.

I had a couple of Pro Leos (factory 2nds) and they turned over more than the max weight champs I've thrown. One of them I lost and the other ended up hitting a rock or something something sharp and destroyed the wing. I didn't have them long enough to see how they break in though.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby rooneytunes » Sun May 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Champ Leopard = straight = awesome = in the bag
^seems less prone to stalling like the River, glide is very acceptable, sneaky long. Life is good all of a sudden.

Grip Pure is back. Good golly, Pures are fucking money.
^smacked the pole on a 200ft shallow hyzer, downhill approach with a 15ft ceiling today. First throw with the Pure in about a year. No big deal.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby rooneytunes » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm taking out the ridges in an experiment. I was putting with a buddies sss voodoo the other day and I was shocked by how much less effort it seemed to take to get it to the basket. The ridge by comparison feels more like a brick and the voodoo feels more like well a frisbee. Could just be frustration from other parts of my game coming out sideways, but I picked up a nice beat up voodoo and a fresh one to see if I can replace the ridges. And since I'm already banging my head against a wall to find another ridge that feels "right" I figure what's the difference in doing the same thing with another company? :roll:
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion