Bag O Booter

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Bag O Booter 2010 eh-dish-un

Postby Booter » Thu May 20, 2010 9:25 pm

ok so ive been going strong with this setup. however i tok out the big rimmed drivers and disced down to orcs mainly,i keep a meat hook desttroyer in the bag but only for windy days

169 star destroyer (new) (overstable)
169 pearly orc (seasoned) (max d)
175 S pd (semi new)
170 p pd (freshy)
171 S cd (seasoned.mainly for turnovers)

173 C pd (still a meat hook.longer fb shots,windy days)
168 CE FX (utility and FH)seasoned
173 11x glow fb (meat hook)
171 glo z stalker (seasoned)

mids:
180 dx ching flat top (freshy)
174 dx rancho (beat)
180 4x kenny glow (need i say more?)
178 dx original sanny (seasoned)
175 opto fuse!

putters:
170 zero line pure (main putter)(seasoned)
170 zero line pure (back up)(seasoned)
170 ching fusion tank! (beat-for approach,annys,touch shots,no skip,no fade)
172 se rhyno (seasoned,drives where skips cant be had)
175 stiff champ rhyno (approach and short drives,skip,nice predictable fade)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Booter » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 am

soo it's been over a month since a bag update. I took out my wide rimmed drivers. I occasionally throw one in for fun but normally my bag is like this. The only things have changed are I switced from the s-cd to the s-td,switched back to magics and got rid of the pures,threw in a esp stalker,and atm I'm trying out aftershocks to replace some of my rocs

169 pearly orc (seasoned)
175 S pd (semi new)
170 p pd (freshy)
171 S TD (seasoned.mainly for turnovers)

173 C pd
168 CE FX (beat)
175 esp stalker (super flat and overstable)

mids:
174 esp aftershock(new)
175 sparkle aftershock(new)
174 sparkle aftershock (beat)
180 4x kenny glow
175 opto fuse

putters:
170 magic
170 magic
175 ching fusion tank
175 stiff champ rhyno
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby zj1002 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:30 am

i'll take your roc's
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Booter » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:38 am

lol no I'm not gettn rid of em. I'm just seeing if I can replace em. I've regretted getting rid of certain discs in the passed because something seemed to work better at the time. We'll se over a couple months if I decide to get rid of SOME of my rocs :) ull be the first to know zj9000
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby victorb » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:57 am

booter wrote:lol no I'm not gettn rid of em. I'm just seeing if I can replace em. I've regretted getting rid of certain discs in the passed because something seemed to work better at the time. We'll se over a couple months if I decide to get rid of SOME of my rocs :) ull be the first to know zj9000

Hope I'll be the second to know! (or just sneak me in front of zj in line, he'll never know :lol: )
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Booter » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:08 am

lol. Well I'll keep you informed to sir. As of now the aftershocks are earning their spot in my bag. I still carry 2 rocs because I still love my beefy champ and I keep a flat top just because it's nice n slow and I know what it does. The AS is very roc like,just faster. Sometimes I don't need faster. But most times I do. i
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Booter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 pm

ok. sooo the aftershock love didnt last too long. theyre a great mid but the damn flare on the wing was just diggin in to my finger too much and just started annoying me. its definitely notl ike the roc bead,which i dont mind. so,with that said, i am currently throwing a buzzz! zomg i know. for the most part though,my bag is the same and hasnt changed except for adding some SB ORCS and NS ORCS!!

175 night shift orc (beef)
168 special blend orc (freshy)
169 pearly orc (seasoned)
175 S pd (semi new)
170 p pd (freshy)

173 C pd (
168 CE FX (beat)
175 esp stalker (super flat and overstable)

mids:
178 bar stamp buzzz (stable)
180 4x kenny glow (beef)
175 opto fuse (finesse, small turn overs)
174 GL fuse (finesse,easier to turn)

putters:
170 magic
170 magic (back up)
175 ching fusion tank (short n sticky)
175 stiff champ rhyno (lil skip dont hurt much)
175 CE aviar (stable driver and approach)

im happy with my bag atm.its been treating me good and i take out plastic depending on courses but this is my full weekend all day golf bag/tourney bag
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby elnino » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:41 pm

I play with some really good pros and they use the roc buzzz combo....they seem to use the buzzz for really straight shots in the woods and the rocs for hyzers and anny's(beat dx). and not just a few guys like 10 of them...it is weird but u hear wasp/buzzz all the time and the z waspis just a champ rocs that are nice and flat. So i think you will come to use the buzzz like a longer putter? u have a ton of putters. are you a spin putter? just guessing.
Positive feedback 56 Trade
Destroyer=Firebird=Striker=Roc=Wizard
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird/wizard

Postby Booter » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 am

yea I'm liking the buzzz/roc/fuse combo. I have all my mid duties covered. The buzzz is exactly like you said,for straight shots with little fade. I've been gaining alot of confidence with it and driving with it on holes I'd probably would of thrown my stalker on. It gets sneaky long.

as for the putters.yea I have a handful,the extra magic is just a back up ,the rhynos have their own uses. I use the tank for shots where I need to stop on a dime or for flick putts around stuff. The champ is my windy day,short spike hyzer, left finishing driver putter. The aviar gets more use now as I drive with it more and use it for approaches or long spin putts. It's a nice combo but sometimes I could probabaly leave out a magic and a rhyno/tank. It really depends on the courses. There's times I won't eben use one of em
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Booter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:23 pm

update to the bag. alot of stuff has changed for the most part.,got rid of the stalkers for cyclones,magics for omegas,

drivers:
174 z force (beef)
168 opto flow (trying out in place of the orc)
168 special blend orc (freshy)
175 S pd (semi new)
175 S pd (seasoned)
170 C td (new)
168 CE FX (beat)
171 esp cyclone (freshy)

mids:
178 bar stamp buzzz (seasoned straight)
177 old z buzzz (newish)
180 4x kenny glow (beef)
175 opto fuse (finesse, small turn overs)
173 esp zone (used more as a shorter utility like the fb)

putters:
175 omega ss
175 ce omega (approaches,driver putter)
175 se rhyno (short n sticky)
175 stiff champ rhyno (lil skip dont hurt much)
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Working Stiff » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Why the Omegas?
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Booter » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:30 pm

well when I first started playin I was using omegas .i had 1 that I used for several yrs, and then realized that if I lost it Icouldnt replace it.well I lost the damn thing then I decided tp try other putters. I tried challengers,magics,wizards,foci, last yr. Then up until recently I found a omega and then decided to go back to wha I used to use. So far it's been wrkn good.. Y do you ask stiffy?
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Working Stiff » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 pm

I use to use the Omega SS in the winter back in the day. They were too sticky and floppy for me in the summer, but in the cold they would firm up and still have great grip. They always had a lower profile than the small bead Aviars I used the rest of the year, but they were similar.

When my kids were born we moved, and the closest course was 45 minutes away. I stopped playing winter rounds because 45 minutes is a long way to drive to freeze your ass off in a Chicago winter. By the time I had a course close enough to play a lot of winter rounds, I was putting Wizards and all the Omega SS were long gone except one that was hanging on a wall in the garage.

So you put out an APB for Omega's and I went out to the garage to take it off the wall to trade to you. When I took it down it was frozen solid but still had some nice grip. I liked the feel even with cold radiating out from it. Once it thawed out I thought "Damn, why isn't this in my bag." So now it's in my bag. Sorry. Anyway, I don't have many throws with it since I put it back. I might like how it feels in the hand more than how it flies.

BTW, mine had been in the garage for about five years and smells like a 12 year-old oil-dripping Pontiac. I guess the SS plastic absorbs odors. Don't store yours in the bathroom.
Last edited by Working Stiff on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Booter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 am

haha well if you change ur mind and wanna get rid of it,lmk! I agree that in the summer the ss's will get floppy however I barely started using these again so I dunno how floppy it'll get. I have ap's that are like stiff dx so come summertime I may use those. I like em because they feel comfy in the hand. I dnt really care for deep dished putters ,as it's hard for me to get a good grip on them for putting. Driving with a deep putter is a different story though.

I know what you mean about them absorbing smells,i have one I got from a trade that smells strongly of river water. Funky smell and I can't get rid of it lol. I'll be sure not to take them to the bathroom and leave em there.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:28 am

The AP's have a great plastic. Very grippy, not floppy. The AP's I had molded up like an Aviar, though. They don't have the low profile like the SS's. The old SS's feel a lot like an XD in the hand. The old AP's just felt like a small bead Aviar.

I'm going to give the Omega's a go for a bit. The SS I have is in good shape, and I've got an old Qmega to use for driving. That might at least get me through the winter without breaking any more putters. I'm already down two this winter. Speed doesn't kill. High velocity impact kills.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion