Unity's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Unity's Bag

Postby Unity » Thu May 06, 2010 5:50 pm

My line up:

[3] Ions
[4] Buzzzes
[6] PDs
[1] XXX
[3] Destroyers
Last edited by Unity on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[Ion] [Zone] [Fuse] [Buzzz] [XXX] [PD] [Destroyer]
Unity
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Unity's Bag

Postby lowracks » Fri May 07, 2010 8:51 am

discspeed?
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Postby Unity » Fri May 07, 2010 11:24 am

Lol...yeah, I've come to a bag that is damn near the same as his. I'm missing the XXX, that's gotta count for something!

I already had Buzzzes locked into my mid spot, but I did pick up the Glo Z based on his reviews.
The Ions I wanted since they came out and have been using them ever since they got here.
PDs I picked up just from the hype of them here, and I'm sure glad I did...until then I didn't have any drivers that I liked throwing or that gave me any benefit over my Buzzzes. Teebirds and Eagle-Xs just weren't cutting it.
Destroyers I came to on my own. I was throwing Xcalibers for FH max distance, but I got tired of how hard I had to throw them and how hard they faded. I had a Pro Destroyer in a box that I tried out and loved that I could hit the same lines with less effort. I was planning on keeping them as a FH only disc since I don't like the feel of wider rims, but I've started trying them out BH recently.

They're really solid discs for me. If I wasn't playing better with them I wouldn't still be using them!
Unity
Tree Magnet

Postby Unity » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Bag contents updated to:

[3] Ions
[4] Buzzzes
[6] PDs
[1] XXX
[3] Destroyers

Ions:
Putts and Approaches, usually 200' and in. I'll drive with them on holes under 250' but don't feel comfortable with an approach from that far.

Buzzzes:
Two 177g Glo Z Buzzzes that I throw for shots 300' or less. I just grab one at random so they stay about the same stability.
One 177g opaque Elite Z that is 2.5 years old. I use this one for controlled shots and approaches just outside of Ion range.
One 178g Elite X Buzzz that is being trialed as a turn-over mid with only moderate success. I don't see this one staying for too much longer.

PDs:
One 166g P-PD that I throw for max distance with a tailwind. It getting worked in enough that I can use it for rollers now as well.
One 171g P-PD that I throw for straight or minimal fade shots outside of Buzzz range.
Two 172g S-PDs that I use as my primary driver for holes 300 to 400 feet for backhand and 250 to 350 feet forehand.
Two 175g C-PDs for headwind and left to right wind drives from 280 to 350 feet. Forehand hyzers, hooks, and skips for 250 to 350 feet.

XXX:
One 174g Opto XXX for hard hyzers and strong headwinds. This disc was picked up with some tourney winnings and is on a demo run to evaluate its usefulness since the C-PD is in my bag already.

Destroyers:
One 169g Pro for max distance backhands. It is fairly well beat (there's a parking lot adjacent to my practice field), so it isn't too hard for me to throw.
One 172g Pro for forehand drives over 350 feet and max distance backhands into/across mild winds.
One 172g Star Destroyer for max distance forehands into the wind.

EDIT: OP edited to only show current bag contents.
Unity
Tree Magnet

Postby Unity » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 am

Currently throwing 2 medium Ions and 1 soft Ion. Putting is designated to the mediums. Driving and loooong putts are for the soft. Pending some evaluation the soft may be used for windy putts as well. This will be tested the next time its fairly windy while I'm playing.

I'm loving the medium Ions for putting. They freaking rock.

The XXX hasn't been finding much use, and when I do it usually doesn't turn out well. I'm going to keep it in the bag for at least a couple months to give it a fair chance.

The possibility of picking up a Fuse to evaluate as a replacement to the X Buzzz is also going through my mind. It won't happen right away, but is a real possibility within the next couple weeks.

A 166g Star Destroyer is being considered for evaluation as well. I'm not sure in the added stability will counteract the low weight enough to make it win out as a headwind disc though.
Unity
Tree Magnet

Postby Unity » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:15 pm

[4] Ion
[1] Rhyno
[0] Fuse
[3] Buzzz
[1] XXX
[5] PDs
[3] Destroyers

Ion: 3 for putting/practice, 1 for driving
Rhyno: Recently added to supplement my driving Ion. Not crazy about the feel, but I like the flight.
Fuse: Lost...without a replacement yet, but I fully intend to get another.
Buzzz: 1 Old Z as a primary mid. 2 Glo Z for windy days.
XXX: Has its uses for hard hyzers, FH rollers, and general utility shots.
PD: 1 flippy P-PD for turnovers. 2 S-PDs as workhorse drivers. 2 C-PDs for hyzers, wind, and workhorse FH
Destroyers: 1 Pro for BH distance. 1 Star for wind and FH distance. 1 AO Star for long hyzers.
Unity
Tree Magnet

Postby what'shisname » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:23 am

I like the looks of that bag, probably because it looks a lot like my own. :p

You might want to try a Zone in place of that Rhyno if you don't like the grip. The Zone has a low profile somewhat like a buzz and is a great overstable disc.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Unity » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:14 pm

what'shisname wrote:I like the looks of that bag, probably because it looks a lot like my own. :p

You might want to try a Zone in place of that Rhyno if you don't like the grip. The Zone has a low profile somewhat like a buzz and is a great overstable disc.

It seems to be similar to what a lot of forum goers have, though nobody I see in person has anything similar.

I have thought about the Zone, but for now I've decided to stick with the Rhyno. Its still relatively new to me. That, coupled with the fact that I only throw in one or two times a round, make me guess it will feel better over time. I also would want an ESP Zone if I did get it, and I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of finding LE Zones in a year or two.

...they do sound nice though...maybe by the spring...
Unity
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion