Matts I hope this sticks bag.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Matts I hope this sticks bag.

Postby mattw » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:55 am

Not long of the Tee. Cyclones go about 285-295. I am hoping this simple bag covers most shots and allows me to practice with the same molds in order to get better. I could be wrong though so who knows it could change again in a month or two. Let me know if I am way off base with this.

Distance
169 Champion Sidewinder Open holes downhill shots. At my strength it is stable and long.

Control
169 ESP Cyclone The ESP is a little more stable I get a consistant fade but its still workable
2X 169 X Cyclone I use these the most very workable but on a good pull dead straight
170 Pro D Cyclone Slightly Beat great for anhyzers and understable shots

Overstable
175 Champion Eagle X Frank D recomended at my arm strenght happy with the results

Mid
174 Z Buzzz Stable mid shots predictable fade
169 Pro D Buzzz Beating in for understable shots and tunnel shots
170 Elite X Buzzz Trying out not sure if it fits in the bag

Putter
2X Soft Wizards one for puttung one for off the tee and approaches.
Last edited by mattw on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Re: Matts I hope this sticks bag.

Postby Dig It » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 am

Flawless victory.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby keltik » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 am

change the SW for a DX Valkyrie. or don't use anything that fast at all.

everything else looks fantastic.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Aubin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 am

you're at the same power level as me, and your bag almost exactly like my bag, except for teebirds instead of cyclones. only differences are that I use a banshee instead of an eagle-x (they're close), and i use a comet instead of beating up a pro-d buzzz. consider a 170g Z comet instead of the D buzzz, i found that a beat D buzzz is way more touchy and unpredictable than a comet, one good smack and it's out of the sweet spot.
ChallengerMagnetCometTeebirdsDestroyersPredator
Aubin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: APX

Postby mattw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:48 am

I was wondering about the Pro D Buzzz. I have tried a Comet in the past and liked it. I was trying to limit the molds in my bag but if the ProD Buzzz doesnt work out I will look at adding the Comet.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby mattw » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:22 pm

It didnt stick. I ended up changing quite a bit. I think this set up will work well for me. Any and all feedback welcome. My Distance hasnt changed much but I do prefer the molds I have changed to.

Distance Driver
2 P PD Longest disc in my bag use it for long straight shots with a predictable fade.

Control Driver
2 DX Eagle X Great disc should have left it in the bag in the first place.

Overstable
1 C PD For me this thing is beefy and I get consistant hard fades and good skip shots from it

Mid Range
2 Z Buzzz I use these for gentle hyzers and anhyzers as well as straight approach shots
1 FLX Drone windy days and hard hyzers

Putters
1 Pro D Rattler Approach shots and runs at the basket
2 Pro D Challenger 1 for putting and 1 for driving
Last edited by mattw on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Smyith » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:57 pm

i think the first bag you had posted was far better. you shouldn't bother using the PD until you can throw your Sidewinder 340+.
i would add the drone for wind though, the buzzz isnt the best for those conditions.
choose between eagle and cyclone (both are solid).
why the drastic difference with the putter change? i also suggest your driving putter be different than your putting putter. if you smash a tree on the drive who knows what it can do to it for putting.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby mattw » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:47 pm

The PD gives me that Teebird like flight and seems to power down well. The fade is not drastic at the end of its flight and always seems to fade forward. I can get the same distance out of the PD as a can the Sidewinder but the PD handles the wind better for me.
I know its rated as a 5 which is out of my range power wise and usualy I cant get those disc to fly but the PD just seems different.

I threw Eagles before Cyclones I realy like both. I still have the Cyclones and if the love affair is short lived with the Eagles again they will be the first thing back in the bag.

It is a drastic change for putters. This is probably a horrible reason to give up on the Wizards but here it is. I went through a streak of bad driving form with my putters and lost some Wizards and then overshot a basket and lost one in the pond. Selection in my area is non existant so I order two SS Wizards online and recieved two SS Stamped Wizards that came in as hard as a brick. If I cant touch them I dont want to buy them. Challengers fly pretty much the same and feel realy good in the hand to me. I do agree with you on using the seperate putter for driving and putting. I use one strictly for putting and one for driving and approaches. I should have labled that better in the description. The Rattler is just money for me when it comes to approaches even when I miss its only by a few feet.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion