IN the Backpack trying to get down to 14 discs

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

IN the Backpack trying to get down to 14 discs

Postby elnino » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:00 am

From Most Stable to Least stable
XXX Opto-hyzer out of your hand.....glidy S flicks......Thumbers...........sky forehand rollers
Champ firebird- forehand rollers.... straight low flicks finish right.......headwind drives
Pro Boss-Pure distance
Opto Striker-low and straight with dependable fade made to go low and 350 straight
Champ Valk....don't use it much..........some holes i just like it to turnover and comeback a little but i can't control it
Champ Roadrunner.....learning a backhand roller......and big bombing annys.........learning sky rollers
Champ Roc stable and same
11x Roc full color stamped stable but beat so nice turn that S back
11x Roc new breaking it in to the full color 11x
12x Roc pink understable but flys straight for a bit with a very slow turn that even slow doesn't come out of
12x Roc Beat- my money soft and straight roc and big annys.....I can't lose this disc and fear losing it.
Vibram VP firm- wind and great for wooded drives...the rubber is bulletproof and also seems to keep the disc going forward
Soft Wizard main putter and upshots.

So Nine molds i just added the XXX and the Roadrunner since i felt like i need something more stable than a firebird and less stable than a valk for certain shots and they have already made some of the choices easy.
Positive feedback 56 Trade
Destroyer=Firebird=Striker=Roc=Wizard
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird/wizard

Re: IN the Backpack trying to get down to 14 discs

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am

The roadrunner is a good roller, but maybe not the best to learn the shot with. The main reason being that it behaves differently on a roll than any other disc I have rolled (it tends to finish much straighter than other discs)

Also beats me to why you would ever need something more overstable than a firebird (unless you have a light FL)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby elnino » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

okay i'll try rolling the valk and the RR.

I just like the glide of the XXX it is more stable but also goes further so i use it for long flex shots. think of it as a better 11x firebird. many people throw 11x's and 12x's.
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 pm

FB, Valk, Roc, Wiz :D
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby keltik » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 pm

well if you don't use the Valk much then drop it. but like TDK said it may be better to learn the roller with that one. I actually like a straight finishing roller so I would choose the RR, but that's me. you could do the same shots with the RR that you do with the Valk but it would take a different touch on the disc.

you could also possibly drop the FB for the xXx. I used to carry a Pred and a xXx but I didn't have as much use for the xXx. I do take a xXx when I travel because you never know what you'll run into.

I would also suggest picking between the VP and the Wiz. but then again my Wizards haven't been as stable as I would like (read: no fade). this isn't as big an overlap as the others.

I'm a Buzzz/Comet guy so I won't say anything about your Rocz.

but overall it's a good setup.

EDIT: I will say something about your Rocs after all. I know you want to use as few discs as possible but having to carry 5 different Rocs really loads up your bag. when I was carrying a smaller bag I only carried three mids. usually 2 Buzzzes and a Comet or 2 Comets and a Buzzz (yeah I'm weird like that). you should check out a Comet. It's not totally sacreligious to carry a Comet with a Roc. you have a Roc that you spent all that time breaking in and are now scared to lose. you can pick up a Z Comet that will stay the same for most of the time you own it and if you lose it you just buy a new one.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby elnino » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah i might take out the Valk and maybe a few rocs.....believe it or not i was thinking of adding a buzzz. many local pros throw rocs and buzzzes. i just think they like them for wooded holes and most try to find stable stable rocs and the buzzz in z stays at a good point for a while. The VP is just a great wooded driver for me...i can control it better and i use it like a utility disc too to get out of trouble/grenades/flicks....i rarely putt with it. yeah the FB might go too but the XXX(robot snowflake flat one) is just sooooooooo stable i love having a pure hyzer disc. and it is 100% bulletproof....i swear opto is the new CE.
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Postby elnino » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:51 pm

took the valks out just didn't have a place anymore. the RR work better for me.
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion