Gottagogotta throw helped me put this bag together

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Gottagogotta throw helped me put this bag together

Postby HighAltChris » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:13 am

So I'm a 2nd year disc golfer that can only generate about 250-300 ft of power. I'm a converted ultimate frisbee player so I have a flick but it doesn't go nearly as far as I'd like so I prefer to use backhand strictly and throw hizers and anhizers to curve the way I want.

Drivers:
Valkryie DX 168 (Probably the driver I use the most on wide open shots requiring little accuracy)
Valkryie Star 170 (For when I need something alittle more overstable)

Millenium Sirus Orion Long Fade 170 (for into the wind shots)
Elite Z Predator (for trick shots like ones which I need a heavy heavy overstable disc)

Quarter K II (for a heavy understable disc when I need to hold an understable flight path the whole way, left to right and hold)

Midrange:
ESP Buzz
Roc (I'm trying to use this disc but I've been used to the buzz so it's not doing me as well)

Putter:
Gateway Wizard (i suck at putting but it's doubtful it's the putter's fault)

Anything you suggest let me know. I don't know what I'm doing so I just go by what people tell me.
HighAltChris
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzz

Re: Gottagogotta throw helped me put this bag together

Postby HighAltChris » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 am

Also, what's the best bag for this? I"m currently using the cheesy 8-10 Innova bag but I want something alittle more techy. :)

I'm considering the Revo Mini Delux vs the Gorrilla boy squirrle monkey, is there anything else I should look at and how do these compare?
HighAltChris
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzz

Postby Roy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:35 am

That's a pretty good bag. I dont know about the QK2 but everything else looks legit. I would think about a fairway type driver like a gazelle or cyclone.

Also being a converted ultimate player you'll probably be able to forehand with a lot of touch.

If you like the buzzz better than the roc just go with the buzzz. Most people carry one or the other. both are good, just a little different.

Both those bags are good... I dont like to carry too many discs but I still like a larger bag. You can just carry more stuff when you need to. you know, like a fall day that starts chilly and warms up, you'll have a place to shove your sweatshirt. If I'm just out for a quick round I'll just shove a towel in there to take up space and not create too much weight. I have a revo pro which is only a little bit more money than the mini deluxe but has more space.

No matter what bag you get quad shocks are worth every penny.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby JR » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:53 am

QK2 fades hard and early if not thrown at a lot of power and/or thrown high. On lower than tree overflying lines they are very different in flight. On low lines they perform like the OP wrote but raise the apex 7' and it's gonna flex out if it ain't got 400'+ power on it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby snowren24 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:47 am

If you like the feel of the wizard, but are missing puts to the left, try a magic. I did and love it. My putting has greatly improved.

I still carry the wizard, but I only use it for puts into a strong headwind and for short drives.
snowren24
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion