mah bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: mah bag

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Well, the Z Drone is def. less stable than the FLX. My FLX Preds make Zs look like Avengers. On another note...Is your ESP Hornet pretty HSS? My Ace Race discs were not what I had hoped. I was thinking of Drone type stability with Wasp type glide. The two I got, both heavy, seemed like light Wasp type HSS, with deccent glide (if I didn't flip it), and strong fade.
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby Pwingles » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:29 am

its no drone by any means, if my roc were a teebird, the hornet would be a PD (kinda) If a drone was a FB. Less glide overall than a roc, faster and more stability all around, My rocs are longer though (due to the glide) so the analogy fails there, but aside from distance, its a good one. In a headwind i find it flies pretty well on low lines, the fact it has less glide isnt that big of a deal since a HW would help it stay up for a bit longer on a good flat/semi hyzered throw also if i keep it low, i can control the fade more. Ive never had any problems flipping mine, a few times i had some side to side movement but never had one flip.

It comes in and out of the bag, i kind of think a truly overstable mid isnt necessary when drivers powered down do much better for me and in the wind in general. So when its sort of windy 15 or less ill throw them in a HW when id normally throw the roc, otherwise it hardly gets used.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Well my knee isnt allowing me to throw RHBH with any power since i have to twist on it and that hurts a lot. Ive been fiddling around and playing FH shots, lefty or oh shots only if i throw RH its putting (mostly straddle) or standing parallel and putting hardly any weight on the right leg.

Ive had to change up what discs ive ben carrying due to the reduction in shot choices for me.

Looks like this now;

Utility/Overstable

1 Z pred
1 FLX pred
1 opto xxx (yes ino, why both, i use the xxx for longer thumbers short FH approaches where i need stupid LSS and also for get out of trouble flex shots)

2x Z Force, off the tee FH mostly, sometimes tommies, skips
2x SPD Lefty D driver
1x TB controlled medium distance where id normally use a roc but dont trust my left arm
2x Pro Leo understable D

2x Dx Rocs
1 or 2 wizards approach, off the tee, when i need a more stable putter
Ion or Magic, whichever i am feeling that day for putting

I can cover all the shots im capable of at the moment with this set up, its not my preferred bag but itll have to do if i wanna play at all.

I need all the overstable molds i can reasonably have right now cuz my Fh for any sort of D is whack and needs work, so Leos and TB's will be getting more work over time to help with that.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion