My Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My Bag

Postby kern9787 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 am

I figure I'll try to keep up with my bag here. I don't see it changing much in the future though. This is the most comfortable I've felt with it in a while.

2x - First Run Medium Ions 175

3x 180 DX Rocs - Newish, seasoned, and beat. Not much more to saw about them.

180 Champ Viper - Utility. HUGE fade/skips. Basically a slower XXX.

3 Rivers - 178 GL (flat and stable, starting to lose its LSS)
177 Opto (flat and stable)
173 Opto (nice dome, turns easy)

PD's - 3 S, 1 C (DGR; haven't used it much. If I like it, I'll get more for sure), and 1 P. All 175

2 XXX - Both max weight; one opto, one gl.

2 Star Wraiths, 1 Eco Star Distance only. One of the stars is a bit more stable than the other. I just got the eco, and am trying it out. One will likely be removed, since I only ever use them for big distance.

The bag is pretty straight forward. With the XXX's, I'm using the Viper less and less, not that I used it much initially. PDs and rivers are the workhorses, obviously. I'm considering taking out the P-PD. I find myself going for my stable rivers more often than the P-PD, and I'm a fan of durable drivers (and long term consistency). The Wraith's only peek out for 400' +.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Re: My Bag

Postby Pwingles » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:18 am

our bags are similar, so i like it. Im also considering taking my PPd out and getting a super light S PD for less stable needs. I may also beat the crap out of my ppd until i can use it for rollers. Are your rivers pretty stable? i have 175 opto and GL's and they are more stable then i was expecting. Almost to the point where i am considering keeping the river for long straight drives and getting a C PD for more stable drives 400 and less instead of the SPD i currently use for that
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: My Bag

Postby kern9787 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:42 am

My two more stable rivers are stable enough that I can put them on a line drive upwards of 380' with no fade. My other river (the domey one) will finish to the right on this type of throw. The biggest difference in me using a PD to throw straight and a river is the amount of fade. The PD's can handle the wind, the Rivers won't stay straight in a headwind.

I wouldn't consider the stable Rivers a replacement for an S-PD. My P-PD never got to the point where it was really worn in, but I could definitely see the overlap with it.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion