Itchy's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Itchy's Bag

Postby Itchy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I'll preface this by saying I don't have a great throw... I get out to about 350' and max around 380'.

Drivers:
Beat DX Valk
Champ Valk
DX Wraith (I sidearm this guy... a little worn)
Beat DX Leopard
Star TL
Elite-Z Stalker
Opto River
ESP Cyclone

Mids:
S Element
Z Glo Buzzz SS (also have a 12x KC Pro Roc but I'm starting to like the Buzzz better)
Star Shark
S GM Gremlin
(I also use the River and Cyclone for mids)

Putters:
Soft APX
Voodoo
(Longer putts I use my Shark)

So those are the discs I tend to throw the most and keep in my bag. I also have an Assassin, Inferno, Monarch and a Katana but those discs don't get out much.

The DX Valk and DX Leopard are kind of an overlap... I'll have to decide on one or the other. Valk is faster but Leo glides better.

Any spots I'm missing/input is appreciated.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Re: Itchy's Bag

Postby Pwingles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:13 am

you have some overlap IMO.

Leo, stalker, TL ,Cyclone and to some extent the Valk all overlap in some way
You need a more stable FW driver option IMO dpending on how stable your river is

If youre liking the Buzz maybe keep the SS buzz and get a Wasp in Z for a more stable option or a reg Z buzz
How does the gremlin power down? ive never thrown one only fondled didnt seem overly stable but not understable either. If thats the case Grem/buzz ss might be ok

Wraith- Sidearm D
Valk- open D
River- straight shots
Cyclone- straight to right, controlled
Gremlin- Stable mid
Buzzz SS- less stable mid
putters - to each his own IMO

You could use a utility disc, something overstable firebird, xxx, pred etc. also you could use leo for rollers or valk if you werent worried about tearing it up a lil.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Itchy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 pm

The Gremlin powers down pretty well for me, and when it hits the ground it stays down rather than bounce or roll. I can normally put it within 20 feet of the basket when I throw it. It gets used whenever I have a direct line of site on the basket and don't have to go around anything. [almost] Everything else gets Buzzzed.

I normally throw either the Stalker or the TL off the tee if I'm throwing BH, but I'll give the Cyclone a try off the tee and see if it can clean up my bag a little. And sidearm I use the Wraith. I'll see about using the Leopard for a roller... I don't throw a lot of rollers... maybe I'll start working on that. The DX Valk is beat to the point where it flies like a laser beam so I don't want to kill it yet.

I'll give you're recommendation a try and see where I can fill in for a utility disc.
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Pwingles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 pm

well be diverse is always going to be helpful, but if you dont like rollers you dont have to throw them. Just another tool ya know :)
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Itchy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:06 pm

It's not that I have anything against rollers. It's just that when I'm looking at a hole and thinking about how I'm going to get there, for whatever reason, rollers don't come to mind. Also I should start practicing them :lol:
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Itchy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Well, the line up has changed a bit and the Z Pred was a good pick up.

Drivers:
Star TL slight hyzer/straight/anhyzer
Z Stalker late hyzer
Champ Valkyrie big hyzer all the way through its line
Z Predator hard hyzer, fights wind, good forehand

Fairways:
River control driver straight/late hyzer
Cyclone get out of trouble disc... hyzers/straight/anhyzers

Mids:
Element straight/hyzer... throw when a blow by would be bad
Meteor anhyzer
Shark hard hyzers around trees and stuff... what I guess most people use a Roc/Buzzz for

Putter and Approach:
Summit anhyzer approach
Wizard current putter...

I can't really find a putter that I'm super comfortable with but wizards are the best I've found so far. I also really like APXs. Maybe I just need a lot more putting practice.
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Itchy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 pm

OK, so disc try out season is coming up and the roster is starting to get filled... anybody have any input?

TL spot
no ideas

Stalker spot
no ideas

Valk spot
P PD

Pred spot
Polaris LF

River spot
Champ Leo

Cyclone spot
no idea

Element spot
no idea

Meteor spot
no idea

Shark spot
Roc (this will be a second try at the Roc... I've only been playing a few months and the first time I don't feel I had enough umph to really use a Roc, well see if I've gotten any better)

Summit spot
pretty firm but no idea

Wizard spot
I keep playing with putters, but this is the best I've found so far... I've also got an APX, Rattler, Magnet, Ion, and a Voodoo my Pops hijacked from me

Any ideas/recommendations are more than welcome and thanks for any advice! :D
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Itchy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 pm

I have an old, beaten Goblin with a sunken flight plate that I'd like to add to my bag. I'm thinking about trading the Shark for a Gremlin and then adding my old Goblin, so now I need to free up a spot. Do you guys think I'd miss my River? I have a nice Star TL in my bag that I kind of use for the same shot. The River's just a touch easier to hit gaps with. My second thought is to free up the spot by getting ride of my Meteor, but that Meteor is one of my favorite discs.

If somebody with more knowledge than me would like to help guide this choice I'd be purdy dang grateful.
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion