Is there any holes in my bag?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Is there any holes in my bag?

Postby Smyith » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:10 pm

My Core Bag:
Drivers:
Sirius OLF - 170g - utility driver - 280' to 320' low lines, tunnels, and spike hyzers - 320' to 360' tunnels, hyzers to anhyzers, short headwinds - 360'+ tailwaind drives, rollers, and long anhyzers - head scratcher drives
Quantum OLF - 170g - windy day utility driver - holds a more stable line than the Sirius - 280' to 340' spike hyzers and open drives - 300' to 350' headwind and moderate L-R R-L - most FH shots - thumbers/tomahawks
Star TeeRex - 175g - Go-To Distance Driver- Lightly seasoned - 320'+ straight to hyzer lines, spike hyzers, light to moderate headwind L-R, and R-L
Star TeeRex - 175g - Headwind Driver - Moderate to high headwind and L-R

Mid-Range:
Star Leopard - 175g - Low power driver flights - 260' to 340' anhyzers, low ceilings - 240' to 360' tight lines - head scratcher shots - outta trouble roller
Elite X Buzzz - 177g+ - Loves the basket mid-range - 200'+ Unique shots - 200' to 280' straight to turnover, tunnels, tight lines
ESP Buzzz - 177g - Straight Mid Range - 220' to 320' straight drives with no fade or slight anhyzer at the end - 240' to 330' S-curves, tight lines
SB '06 Celtic Roc - 172g - Open/Distance Mid Range - 260' to 340' straight to slight hyzer - 220' to 300' windy drives and approaches, spike hyzers
Champion Rhyno - 175g - Short drives and Windy approaches - pin point accuracy - under 240' straight to hyzer

Putters:
Champion Rhyno - 167g - Approaches and Unique Shots - under 200' hold any line - high wind putting
Pro D Challenger - 174g - Putting - I only take it out if I'm going for the chains

Non-Core Discs in Bag:
S-Line DD - 174g - Less Stable Max D Driver - still in test out phase but so far I like it!- very straight without alot of flex.
P-Line DD2 - 172g - Pure Distance Driver - still in test out phase - Crazy fast and more consistent than a Katana
2010 Ace Race Disc "Hornet" - 174g - Highwind Driver - waiting on what happens with this disc as far as production goes, would put it in bag as a 220' to 300' headwind and L-R, spike hyzers, sidearms

Right now I feel like I have no selection issues and every hole I walk up to I have the right disc to make the shot. My average ratings have also improved 30+ points in the last 2 months (excluding the ace race disc).
I can't think of any missing shots, can you?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Re: Is there any holes in my bag?

Postby Cyclone2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Organized for everyone's convenience

1. Stable Control Drivers
Sirius OLF - 170g - utility driver - 280' to 320' low lines, tunnels, and spike hyzers - 320' to 360' tunnels, hyzers to anhyzers, short headwinds - 360'+ tailwaind drives, rollers, and long anhyzers - head scratcher drives
Quantum OLF - 170g - windy day utility driver - holds a more stable line than the Sirius - 280' to 340' spike hyzers and open drives - 300' to 350' headwind

2. Distance Drivers
S-Line DD - 174g - Less Stable Max D Driver - still in test out phase but so far I like it!- very straight without alot of flex.
P-Line DD2 - 172g - Pure Distance Driver - still in test out phase - Crazy fast and more consistent than a Katana

3. Understable Driver
Star Leopard - 175g - Low power driver flights - 260' to 340' anhyzers, low ceilings - 240' to 360' tight lines - head scratcher shots - outta trouble roller

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
Star TeeRex - 175g - Go-To Distance Driver- Lightly seasoned - 320'+ straight to hyzer lines, spike hyzers, light to moderate headwind L-R, and R-L
Star TeeRex - 175g - Headwind Driver - Moderate to high headwind and L-R

5. Very Overstable Driver

Mids:
Elite X Buzzz - 177g+ - Loves the basket mid-range - 200'+ Unique shots - 200' to 280' straight to turnover, tunnels, tight lines
ESP Buzzz - 177g - Straight Mid Range - 220' to 320' straight drives with no fade or slight anhyzer at the end - 240' to 330' S-curves, tight lines
SB '06 Celtic Roc - 172g - Open/Distance Mid Range - 260' to 340' straight to slight hyzer - 220' to 300' windy drives and approaches, spike hyzers
2010 Ace Race Disc "Hornet" - 174g - Highwind Driver - waiting on what happens with this disc as far as production goes, would put it in bag as a 220' to 300' headwind and L-R, spike hyzers, sidearms

Putters:
Champion Rhyno - 175g - Short drives and Windy approaches - pin point accuracy - under 240' straight to hyzer
Champion Rhyno - 167g - Approaches and Unique Shots - under 200' hold any line - high wind putting
Pro D Challenger - 174g - Putting - I only take it out if I'm going for the chains
Last edited by Cyclone2 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyclone2
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cyclone2

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:31 am

Cool, I jsut read the same post twice looking for a very overstable driver. You are missing a Firebird or a predator. (or XXX, Spirit or whatever else people like) You will hate it for a while. Eventually you will figure out what a disc like that is made for.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Smyith » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:22 am

@ Cyclone2
I put my bag in a certain order with descriptions for a reason. and had you read what i put you'd see that my TeeRex is my Distance driver. you also, are missing discs that i have listed that you did not relist. i dont appreciate that.

@thatdirtykid
i dont need a firebird/predator. the newish teerex thrown at 60-70% makes the same shot. i carried a predator with me for an entire season and it only saw daylight once. no need for one. but i appreciate the comment.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Cyclone2 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Smyith wrote:I put my bag in a certain order with descriptions for a reason. and had you read what i put you'd see that my TeeRex is my Distance driver. you also, are missing discs that i have listed that you did not relist. i dont appreciate that.

I left out the second Rhyno by oversight. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers by listing the bag in the standard way (see viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6864 )

Sorry for trying to help :wink:

/soap-opera
Cyclone2
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cyclone2

Postby jamon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 am

as mentioned by tdk, one hole I see is a disc that you could blast into a heady. sure the rex may work for shorter shots but a pred/fb/xxx/etc will give you more confidence and consistency in the wind. look at literally any top pro's bag and you'll find an overstable driver, and I'm sure they're all capable of powering down a less stable driver.

just my $0.02
jamon
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR Buzzz

Postby Pwingles » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 am

OP, i think youre right about the trex powering down covering similar shots as those discs, but in my experience the trex with the exception of the FR's havnt been super great in strong head/cross winds. For those shots you need to go 150-200 then fade hard, ya that disc will work, but add a 20+ mph headwind and youll have more trouble powering down that much and having any control. I think that is why they are suggesting a true overstable driver for you and Im sure that they took in to account your potential for overlap with the t rex when doing so. Otherwise your bag looks ok to me. By all means, if your t rex flies well in a HW and you do ok with it, go for it. But being consistent run to run is not something the t rex is known for, another reason to consider a different disc for that specific slot.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion