Build my bag!

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Build my bag!

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:57 am

So I am building an entire new bag for the start of next year. I will break in discs extremely fast so thats not gonna be an issue. Besides a couple favorites the entire bag will be new.

I can not decide on what a good mix would be and how many of each to carry. Build my bag! Price isn't an issue. Well up to a certain point. I only like throwing still in production discs.

I throw nukes and surges 425, Buzzes 350, and Putters 275. I flip nukes and surges. I throw buzzzes pretty straight although I can flip or hyzer with a tiny change of angle. I have a problem flipping challengers as a driving putter unless I throw with an extreme hyzer angle. I do enjoy touch midranges like meteors. I do not enjoy touch drivers like sidewinders or anything like that. I am a spin putter. Jump putt 45 and out, stand still from 45 in. I prefer to throw of slower disc at full or near full speed than slowing my throw down.

Bag will be 16-18 discs.

discs i am mainly thinking about

force
destoryer
nuke
boss
surge
wraith
predator
firebird
teebird
eagle
pd
hornet
drone
buzzz
meteor
challenger
wizard
ringer
vp

Btw this will be a tourney bag. I will be playing advanced and the bag should be able to handle different types of courses.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Build my bag!

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:06 am

Do you throw forehand as well? Have you tried putting with an Ion? I could set you up with a copy of my bag, (or nearly), but it might not work worth a damn for you. Maybe you could try Innova drivers, Discraft mids, and Gateway/Vibram/MVP (Pick one) putters. That wouldn't be a bad place to start, several of my buddies adhere mostly to that philosophy, and it seems to work fine for them. Advice is difficult unless I completely ignore what could be some important preferences/techniques that you may have already.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Nuke 2 Z
predator 1 Z 1 Beat ESP
eagle 1 Champ 2-3 DX (all X mold)
pd 2 P Pd 1 S Pd

drone (FLX)
buzzz (Newish Z)
meteor (ESP obviously)
Wizard (3)

From your list. The PD Could also be replaced with the destroyers. IF you go with destroyers I would switch the control driver to the teebird though.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Pwingles » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 pm

what do you mean by "i can flip_____"? You mean from a hyzer or like turn it over?

Force, windy, overstable D, Fh shots skips overhands etc
Wraith (or surge) glidier open D, turnovers, hyzerflips

Teebird stable FW
Leopard understable FW
Pred/FB/xxx (pick one) overstable FW and utility

Buzzz workhorse Mid
i dont really like overstable mids, but if you like them then drone and hornet are good choices

Wizard slightly overstable, driving, approaches and putting duties
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 am

I do throw forehand when it makes a shot easier. I throw forehand around 400 with mad d drivers and use it for all shots when it makes a shot easier.

By flip a buzzz i mean that I can take a beat in buzz and throw it completely straight and it will flip to the right on me(rhbh and and full power).

Thought more about it and here is kind of what I am planning. Help fill in areas I am missing.

2-3 Destroyers/Force
1Nuke
1Surge

2Teebirds
1Predator/Firebird
1 Maybe eagle type disc

1 Flx Drone
1 Hornet
2 Buzzzes
1 Meteor

4 Wizard/ Challengers
1 Maybe ringer or VP
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Postby Wyno » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:06 am

What really stumped me was this; "I have a problem flipping challengers as a driving putter unless I throw with an extreme hyzer angle."
More hyzer angle = more flip???? That sentence made no sense.
And at 425' power, even a new buzz thrown at full power should flip at least a bit, so your descriptions sound a bit... unusual :)

To your bag; the only understable thing in it is the meteor... but you could of course beat in your other discs (since you break in discs extremely fast :wink: )
Force/Destroyer: those are pretty different discs, what is this slot for?
4-of-a-kind putters (or anything) is more than I would bring to a round (but I always have at least 4 pretty much identical putters for warm-up, of course)
Mark Ellis wrote:Most sins can be erased with a blunt edged disc.

Main Bag: Z Surge SS, Z Pred, N Volt, E Vector, N Axis, P Ion, P Anode. Touch bag: XLs, Comets, Rattlers
Wyno
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Anode

Postby keltik » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:21 am

Wizard
Meteor
Buzzz
Hornet
PD or Eagle-X
Nuke or Destroyer
Predator or FB

I know what you mean about Challengers getting surprise flippy. I love the way they feel over the Wizard but the Wizard is a solid performer and can take full power drives. you may also want to check out an ION. It feels pretty much identical to a Wizard
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 pm

When I say flip, I mean I release with a normal throw(with some hyzer) and it turns right(rhbh) and doesn't come back. So with the challengers I have to release very hyzer like for it to go straight for a bit before it flips over to the right.

Wyno: I do not throw much understable stuff. I consider the teebirds and surges to be my s-curve discs. If they are beat in they will become a faily understable disc. I also throw forehand, so instead of just throwing an understable disc I will forehand. 2 of the 4 putters would be for drives and midranges. 2 would be strictly for putting. I thought forces and destroyers were pretty similar?? I have thrown more destroyers then forces though. I only own one force and it is an esp that flys very similar to one of my star destroyers.

Keltik: That is close to the bag I was thinking. I have never thrown a PD but I am wondering if it would overlap with the predator and destroyer slots. I have never tried an Ion either. Every time I would think about picking one up I just hated the plastic.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 am

I just wanna clarify before i suggest something that will impede any progress you may or may not encounter. Are you turning them over? Or experiencing turn?

Meaning are they just dumping at some point, right wing dropping down resulting in drastic height loss and losing D? Or a gradual slower movement to the right, still semi flat (doesnt matter that it doesnt come back). The reason i ask is that all those discs will do either of those, but for 2 different reasons. So for anyone here to recommend anything or whatever it would be helpful for us so as to give better info or suggestions.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:53 am

A gradual slower movement right. The beat in buzzzes would eventually come back, just not very much and too late. The challengers wouldn't ever really come back. That is why I started to drive with a ringer instead of challengers. I like my putters for straight shots.

The main problem is my home course is extremely wooded and you basically just have a 50Ft fairway to deal with. This makes it so you can't throw big hyzers or anything. However, the bag I am building isn't for my course, it will be something I take to tournaments.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion