Please disect my bag...

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Please disect my bag...

Postby honkeytiger » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Here is my current setup:

Echo Star Wraith (Stable Distance)
Echo Star Katana (Straight Distance)
Beat Pro Katana (Turnover Distance)
Gold Line Vision (Workhorse)
Vibram Accent (Stable Fairway)
Gateway Assassin (Straight Tunnel Fairway)
Echo Star Leopard (Left to Right Fairway)
Star Max (FH rollers, Tommies, get out of trouble)
Star Kite(Understable Mid)
Champ Coyote (Workhorse Mid)
Z Buzzz (Shots that finish slight left)

Rpro Dart (Approaches and long putting)
Ridge (Main Putter)

Am I missing anything? Do you see any terrible overlap?

Any and all help is appreciated.
honkeytiger
Tree Magnet

Re: Please disect my bag...

Postby JR » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:30 am

Dart overlaps with the Kite if you throw both and i suggest you do a shootout between them driving both of them. You have plenty of fairway drivers and i don't see a neeed for that combo so you could probably ditch at least one of them. Assassin is faster than most fairway drivers of old and could be a distance driver although not ultimate D disc. Coyote, Kite and Dart overlap a lot so maybe even just one would suffice. Considering you can make Buzzzes work too for annied shots beyond putter anny distance if you can drive with your putters. Annied too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 am

I don't see overlap between the kite and dart :-\ kite and coyote maybe, or kite and leopard. I don't see where the straight katana and stable wraith fit. Sounds like the same thing. Don't let the super minimalists get you down too much.
Do ditch the kite, they suxs!

How is the "workhorses" in your bag different from the other slots? I would assume (although have not thrown one) the vision overlaps your pro-tana and your leopard a bit. And can't the coyote do straight to left finish like you say the buzzz does?
Max is not the best super overstable driver, and judging you don't use it for anything but trouble shots that shows. Try a firebird and pred. Also look for a mod overstable driver, it could probably replace your wraith. Depending on how far you throw, Destroyer, Force, crush, teerex, avenger are all good choices for that slot, the wraith is not.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby JR » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am

Dart is shorter but Kite too is an understable low power requirement easily anny maintaining disc. To me Wraith is way more stable than protana. Visions differ widely some being flippy some being a little overstable a Leopard fits in the middle. And is a better disc than flippy Visions. Protana and Wraith beat Vision in D for me by a large margin. S PD is a good candidate for moderately overstable slot. Force and Destroyers are more than moderately overstable for me at 400'+. Crushes vary so do Teerexes. What suits the OP for moderately overstable role depends on the power. With low power Avenger is a good choice. I got Kites to behave but it ain't a great wind disc.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 pm

I didn't think the dart was supposed to be understable at all. I was comparing the Star-tana to the wraith, one being labled straight, the other stable.

honkeytiger wrote:Here is my current setup:

Echo Star Wraith (Stable Distance)
Echo Star Katana (Straight Distance)
Beat Pro Katana (Turnover Distance)
Gold Line Vision (Workhorse)
Vibram Accent (Stable Fairway)
Gateway Assassin (Straight Tunnel Fairway)
Echo Star Leopard (Left to Right Fairway)
Star Max (FH rollers, Tommies, get out of trouble)
Star Kite(Understable Mid)
Champ Coyote (Workhorse Mid)
Z Buzzz (Shots that finish slight left)

Rpro Dart (Approaches and long putting)
Ridge (Main Putter)

Remove the red discs and try to make due for a while with what you have. You may find the coyote does your buzzz and kite shots alright, or the buzzz can do em all too. Add a mod overstable (let us know how far you are throwing and we can give suggestions)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby JR » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Dart starts to get finicky past about 250' and at 300' it needs a pure shot not to flip hard. I haven't heard of a straight Wraith but i haven't thrown a broken in Pro light since i've passed 400' so even that may be achievable. Not so with the Katanas they'll fade. Unless more power is used than what i have.

Agreed about the mids and a suitably used the Wraith may fit the moderately overstable role. I'd search it in a 16x pro used first. Wind handling will suffer vs PD for example.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion