how do you build your bag?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: how do you build your bag?

Postby victorb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 am

you're talking about touring pros...they make up about 0.01% of all the disc golfing population. And who are you defining as a tournament player? I'm a tournament player - as are a lot of people on this board - and most people don't carry more than 10 different molds.

most golfers only need a couple of types of disc. minimalism obviously isn't necessary, but there is no need to start building your bag by picking 12 different molds. Keep it simple first, then fill in the extra slots later.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby CatPredator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Point was each category doesn't have to represent a new mold. A lot of people playing tournaments will have all of those shots covered, and more.

Which one of those categories of shots do you not bring out for a competitive round?
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby victorb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:49 pm

CatPredator wrote:Point was each category doesn't have to represent a new mold. A lot of people playing tournaments will have all of those shots covered, and more.

Which one of those categories of shots do you not bring out for a competitive round?

that's not what I got from the post I originally replied to. Maybe I mis-interpreted it, but I thought it was talking about different discs each.

I can make basically every shot listed there with either a comet, cyclone, or OLF but that's not what we're talking about, right? I don't think the post I originally responded to was about different types of shots.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion