Bag critique please

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bag critique please

Postby aDave » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Here's the bag and how I use it.
kc pro aviar ( 175. push putt out to `50 or so)
ching tank (<150 floaty touch putt/approach)
pro ryno (170ish. does what a rhyno does. mostly approach/ short curvy drives with ob)
rpro aviar pna ( old and ugly. low-mid power flat/anny out to ~`200)
z comet (170ish. nostalgia. taught me clean form. I can crank it to `300 with focus but it's not consistent)
esp meteor(168. just bought this for an understable mid. need inspired by sugaw creek , holes 3,4,5 : http://www.charlottedgc.com/2010/06/29/sugaw-creek-park/)
star roc (high 170's.just got it cause someone told me I needed a stable mid, too bad I can't throw it for shit)
star tl ( 168. flat to superflip fairway <`300)
champ sidewinder (171.superfilp distance out to `350)
champ orc X2 (171 way beat flat/superflip. distance out to` 350), (175. straight. tunnels to `350 or so)
champ starfire (175. headwind control out to `300. big hole in my game here and I just started trying to fix it)
champ wraith ( 169. next notch up in speed for distance. we will see)
champ glow katana ( 175. sheer ridiculousness of a glow distance driver. makes me feel good to toss far. I never use it in a round)

I've been playing for about a year and a half, I can hit 350' golf-d with the orcs but I have nose up issues much beyond that.
I've won a couple of am leagues here and 1 straight up scratch tourny in intermediate.
My best tourny round ever was 53 at kilborne http://www.charlottedgc.com/2010/06/29/kilborne/which is roughly 930 rated.
So what am I missing here?
I think that I need more stability in the fairway/mid dept.
I could never get my head around a buzzz btw.
Thanks for the input.
aDave
Noob

Favorite Disc: Beat floppy aviar

Re: Bag critique please

Postby aDave » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

After this morning it seems that I will be choosing between the Comet and Meteor very soon.
aDave
Noob

Favorite Disc: Beat floppy aviar

Re: Bag critique please

Postby fanter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 pm

You seem to still be experimenting with a lot of things, that is, based on what information you've offered for each disc's purpose. It's hard to offer very specific advice to you in this stage (the largely experimental stage), but it's a good stage to be in. I would say continue doing what you're doing, but maintain the purpose of eventually narrowing down your molds. Find some (4 or 5 maybe?) and play until you're uber comfortable controlling them for more than one kind of shot. Also, if your max D is at 350', it won't hurt to work with slower (fairway) drivers. I have little experience with TL's, but I've watched plenty of them fly 350'+. Something else to try is a lightweight disc or two. I only recently experimented with lighter weight discs (a 162 QOLF and a 149 *Eagle) and found them to be super comfortable to throw.

Carrying a minimal amount of molds is not at all necessary, but it can be helpful.
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion