My bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My bag

Postby UfloridagatorsF » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:23 pm

I've been playing on and off for about 9 months, but I'd like some opinions on my bag (and bag) and where I can improve. I can drive up to about 250 and 300 on a good throw.

Putter:
super soft Aviar putt and approach
--Didn't think anything would replace my birdie, but i'm taking a strong liking to this. I really like putting and approaching with this.
Birdie

Mid:
Cobra
--This is good for holding whatever angle i throw
KC Roc
--I'm trying to like it and use it for the majority of my mid shots, but I feel more comfortable with driving, then approaching with my Aviar

Turnover/Roller:
Beat-in DX leopard
--I've been using this for all of my rollers and shots to the right
165 Champion Roadrunner
--Just bought and haven't used yet. I figure it will be used for longer turnover/roller shots. Advice versus leopard?

Drive (175-225):
Pro Leopard
--Someone advised me to get this and it turns out i really enjoy this disc. Holds a fairly straight line and I feel very comfortable throwing this.
Dragon
--Just bought and haven't used yet. Got it just to throw on water holes. Numbers seem close enough to work for me (wahoo seems too fast for me right now).

Drive (225+):
Star Valkyrie
--I feel fairly comfortable with this disc. I use this whenever the disc is out of range for me.
Star Wraith
--Got this for a good deal and decided to get for when I'm ready for it. I've only thrown it a few times and I don't think i'm at the level of using this properly. It goes about as far as my valk and banks hard right. I've thought about getting rid of this and getting another disc.

Bag:
Lightning Starter
--I'm really not happy with this bag. the middle divider frustrates me to no end; it hardly ever stays in place and i have to keep fixing it. the bag is starting to fold back and isn't very sturdy. Any advice on a better bag, especially the dividers. I don't want to spend too much, but would like a bag that doesn't frustrate me.
UfloridagatorsF
Noob

Re: My bag

Postby Loop » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 am

I´m not very good at helping people to pick discs....but I have gone through my share of bags. So my suggestion is Innova Standard bag. Its really great for such a lil amount of money. Its perfect for beginners IMO, holds just the right amount of discs, is light, has a nice divider system and is pretty damn sturdy. :) I still use mine sometimes, when I go to the local course for some fun rounds. Even tho I have a Carolina Bag as my main one.

http://www.disczoo.com/prodimages/innov ... bag2_3.jpg
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby UfloridagatorsF » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Tried out my wraith today and does well with forehand and overhand. Never thrown either, but I may work on it with this.
UfloridagatorsF
Noob

Postby keltik » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:23 pm

as far as a decent bag goes I suggest the Fade Crunch Box. It's only $25 and it is pretty sturdy. If you are willing to pay more there are tons of options out there. Many guys on here love Gorilla Boy bags. Do a search on this site for Gorilla Boy and you'll find a huge thread in which the maker of said bags is involved in the discussion. they offer all sizes. I can say that the Innova brand bags aren't that great but they are easy to see in stores. also the Revolution bags are a bit overpriced. If you want a big bag for a good price check out the Latitude 64° Pro bag. but there are plenty of bag choices out there. check out Fade, Gorilla Boy and Latitude 64°

as far as your disc selection goes I feel this forum is primarily meant to hammer out tournament setups for more experienced players. no offense but for right now throw what you like. eventually you'll settle in on the molds you like and work best for your game. only 9 months of play isn't really enough time to settle in on a competitive setup. you have the right idea staying away from the really fast stuff but eventually the fast discs will find a way into your game. The most important thing now is working on your form and your skills. at this point you should just research any disc you think you might like and order from internet retailers or do some trading on here. try anything and everything you think you may like or find useful.

but above all work on your putting. if you can putt lights out at long range it doesn't matter what you threw off the tee.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby keltik » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 pm

one last thought and this is just a reference point and not a commandment for your bag. the quintessential DGR setup these days looks something like this:
Destroyer
PD or OLF
Eagle
Firebird or Predator
Roc or Buzzz
Comet or Fuse
Wizard or BB Aviar

there is a lot of DGR philosophy involved in a setup like this. Read the maxing out at 300' thread in the technique forum and you'll learn a lot of technique that will change your disc selection. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion