UTTERBACK's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

UTTERBACK's Bag

Postby UTTERBACK » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Hoping to get some opinions on whether I'm missing anything or not. Living in Iowa we get more than our fare share of wind in the spring and summer so I don't have many understable discs but instead rely on beat up stable discs. Using Google Earth I did my best to measure my Destroyers out to about 450 to 470 earlier this week. PDs getting out to around 375-400. Firebirds between 290 and 325 (height dependent) Rocs out to about 325. Wizards up to 300ish with no ceiling. All of these distances are golf lines (flat or hyzer release, no flex shots) on relatively flat ground without any wind to speak of. I have finally figured out how to keep the nose down on my drivers recently so my max distance has shot up nearly 50 feet in the last few weeks

Putters:
KC Aviars x3: main putter, backup, and a fresh one for stable drives and approaches
S Wizard: longer putter drives, more comfortable to throw hard than the aviars for me.

Mids:
KC Rocs x3-5: majority of mid duties from overstable to turnover
Z Comet: understable/touch shots

Fairway Drivers:
Champ Eagle X: line shaping, low hyzer-flips that finish straight, distances between Rocs and PDs until I get comfortable powering down the PD
P PD: flat and flippy. longer hyzer-flips than the eagle, turnover drives. Wanting to work another in once I get this one a little flippier
C PD: flat/sweeping hyzers, love the stability and firmness of the Big D C line. great wind fighter
11x Firebird: low, hard hyzers or skip shots, get out of trouble utility as well. wind fighter
Glow Champ Firebird: mega winds and spikes

Distance Drivers:
Echo Star Destroyers x2: one newer, one pretty used but relatively interchangeable
P PD2: beating into a big tailwind bomber
COMING SOON: C PD2: hoping this will be a longer C PD for me.

Let me know if I have any holes or tons of overlap.
UTTERBACK
Noob

Favorite Disc: kc roc

Re: UTTERBACK's Bag

Postby UTTERBACK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Made some changes.

Putter:
KC Aviar
Yeti Aviar: in the testing phase but I really like it so far. It makes me want to try and sink the flight plate on a KC and see what happens.

Mid:
KC Rocs. Dropped the Comet because I just couldn't get a good feel for it, so I'm working with some more beat up rocs for understable duties. Had a really windy tourney last weekend that flipped all my rocs so I got a Vector to try out something hopefully more overstable.

Drivers:
Mostly the same. Added a S PD to the mix, but it appears to be an earlier mold. It does not have the same shape as the Ps and C I have been using. It is pretty overstable but not as much as the C so if works nicely between the other two. Hoping the LSS will work itself out and become a nice straight flyer.

Haven't gotten a C PD2 yet but I did work an SDS Destroyer into the bag this weekend and it did more than I ever expected it to in the wind.
UTTERBACK
Noob

Postby Steve » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:15 pm

The vector I picked up seemed less overstable then what it was described as. I would look into a zone/firebird combo for windy days and maybe skip the mid whenever possible. I felt stupid for leaving my zone at home and won't make that mistake again.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby UTTERBACK » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:41 pm

I hear nothing but great things about the zone. Problem is they are kinda hard to find and nobody wants to give them up. I've been toying with the idea of just using firebirds as a headwind mid. I can't throw the new glows as far as my Rocs anyway so it might as well be a mid. Also kinda wondering how a champ whippet would fit in.
UTTERBACK
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion