How's it look?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

How's it look?

Postby bsstarnesj » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:34 pm

175 r pro rhyno softer-putting
175 r pro rhyno Stiffer-driving

177 esp flx drone-meathook
178 z buzzz- straight to slight hook
174 esp flx buzzz- staright to turn

169 ch. leopard-staright
167 star leopard-hyzer flip slow annies
171 star eagle-beat to straight
175 ch. teebird-short fhs little more stable than tls
175 star tl-straight
172 star tl- beat to flippy

175 ch. firebird- utility
175 ch. firebird- little starighter
175 glow FL-it reminds me of a whippet, only use it at glow dg
164 esp surge-straight to flippy, go to disc for accuracy and d
169 esp surge - stable d

im not completely sold on the buzzz's. idk what it is. im looking for suggestions on my bag but mostly on the mids, i need a better mid for understable, turning shots!\
let me know on suggestions
p2 - roc - leopard- firebird - pd
bsstarnesj
Noob

Favorite Disc: pd

Re: How's it look?

Postby JR » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:33 am

I haven't beaten in my X Buzzz but i've heard that D Buzzzz changes fast from straight to flippy. A longer driving putter would be great. The usual suspects: P2, Ridge, Ion and Jokeri. Ion is intolerant to OAT and not great in the wind S P2 fades D P2 not really but S is more HSS. Ridge likes power and height. Jokeri fades. Considering you carry 4 FW driver molds i'd think that you don't throw 400'. True? If it is Ridge maybe lack glide and Jokeri may fade too much. There the lower power requirement of the P2 and the Ion help a lot. Not knowing your form and power i can't say if it is time to move up in speed. If you play in an area where DX survives and winds aren't always a problem a DX Valkyrie might be a good next step.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bsstarnesj » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:10 pm

im no sure how much i max out at i know i can throw the buzzz just short of 300. the reason why i have many fw's is bc i feel they are more accurate and i personally do not lose that much distance.
p2 - roc - leopard- firebird - pd
bsstarnesj
Noob

Favorite Disc: pd

Postby JR » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:51 am

Buzzz to close to 300' means that you have the power for faster discs. DX Valk won't survive in the woods or around rocks with your power but also won't fade much at all and should be well within the power you can generate. The difficulty for that disc is that you need clean form to not flip it over. Other speed 9 discs and maybe 10 too should remain controllable for you. And some of the least fading fast discs could work such as the Flow. If an Opto seems to fade too harshly blue GL Flows are way way less HSS and power hungry.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion