New set up

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New set up

Postby Nick M » Thu May 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Putters
174 soft wizard
172 m wizard (beat)
174 Vibram Ridge
Mids
175 Esp Buzz
173 Z Wasp
174 Z Hornet
175 FLX 08 worlds Drone
Drivers
170 Lat64 Opto River (anny and fairway driver)
168 z avenger (control disc)
172 esp avenger (control disc)
173 z nuke (max d on non windy days)
171 star destroyer (still breaking in)
172 pro destroyer (max d)
170 pro destroyer (tail wind super max d)
171 z force (max d and wind)
173 z force (max d and wind)
175 star excalibur (headwind distance and long hyzers)
172 z pred (headwind, control thumbers, hyzers)
172 champ firebird (thumbers)
175 champ ape (don't throw it much, great for fast skipping hyzers though. prefer the z force for stable bombs and xcal and pred for headwinds)

I also mix in a 170 z surge for fun every now and then and a star roadrunner for rollers.

What do you think? Its working so far, a bit of overlap but I like the Nukes and Destroyers for different reasons. The force is the longest disc but needs to be snapped so hard and turned over, the pro destroyer takes much less effort to hit 400 ft. The Avengers are amazingly controllable and are stable enough that they don't flip, I get them to go pretty damn straight. First post on here in a while, I forgot my old account. Its good to be back.
Nick M
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Re: New set up

Postby keltik » Fri May 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Mids: do you really need to rock the whole hive? Buzzz and Hornet should cover all the shots you need. for whatever you do with the Drone could be done with a powered down driver (Pred or FB more on that later).

Drivers: drop the Nuke and the Xcal. The Destroyer will do all the shots the Nuke will but be more controllable. The Force will do all the shots of the Xcal and you seem to like the Force more. Also drop the Ape. I will say one thing about the Pred and FB in one bag. it can work since they are fairly different. you could drop the Pred for a flat max weight Z Avenger. or you could power down a Force.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Nick M » Sat May 07, 2011 11:08 pm

I think getting another destroyer and dropping the nuke is a good plan. I am reaching for pro destroyers way more often. The Ape is going to be out for sure but i'm having trouble letting go of the xcal but I shouldn't. I think a max weight force would make up for it. So yeah, dropping the Ape, Nuke and Xcal is going to happen. Thanks for the help.

I can't give up the pred, its the headwind beast and hyzer monster. The Firebird is thumber only. As far as mids go, I like the whole hive and I think I can manage the different discs just fine. I can understand where you are coming from though.
Nick M
Noob

Postby money 21 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 pm

I bet you could drop the river for a x avenger. I threw the x/esp/z avenger combo with a pred for a while it was like having one mold that did so much.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Nick M » Tue May 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Interesting thought on the Avenger. I would like to try it. Finally threw a nice anny today with the river uphill that faded right and flattened out 10ft short of the basket, but I think its a little too flippy overall because it doesn't comeback . I would like to try a heavier River though.

I am thinking of this as my new driver set up. Avengers, Destroyers, Forces, Preds and the Firebird. I would like something more fairway like that isn't as flippy as the River but not as stable as the Avenger, I guess I throw mids instead but a nice anny disc would be great. Avengers and Destroyers don't anny well for me, I can flip destroyers very far to the right but I dont like the flight path for those long annys that flatten out. I used to love the flash for annys. What would you guys suggest for a nice long anny disc? I throw 385 consistently and can reach into the 400s from time to time.
Nick M
Noob

Postby money 21 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:24 pm

try a z xs or a z tracker
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Nick M » Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 pm

I took some advice from you guys and I have a new driver set up now and I loved it today. The River is still in the bag but it will come out soon. Here it is without listing the river.

169 X Avenger
??? X Avenger (traded for it, its a little seasoned but still not beat. feels and flies like the other one.)
168 Z Avenger
172 Esp Avenger
170 Pro Destroyer
172 Pro Destroyer
171 Star Destroyer
169 D Force (slightly flippy and long, this might beat into a monster anny disc. I want a heavy one)
170 Esp Force (I want to beat it in a bit for long left fading tail winds and huge turned over bombs)
171 Z Force
173 Z Force
170 Esp Predator (Going to beat this one in a bit, when turned over it came back and went about 375)
172 Z Predator
172 Champ Firebird

The X Avengers are great! When thrown hyzer it flipped up and flew straight on a frozen rope out to near 350 with just a little fade. They annyed great also. I want to get a heavier one also and then beat in the seasoned one for hyzer flips. How is the Avenger SS for Hyzer flips in anny's? Too flippy? A few of the discraft pros seems to like them for hyzer flips.
Nick M
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion