Beatroc's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Beatroc's Bag

Postby beatroc » Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Anyways I've been working on my bag for a while and here's what I've got so far:

2x Wizards 175 - Putting
2x Vibram VPs 175 - Driving Putters
1x Champion Viper 180 - Trick disc, very useful in the woods, underrated disc for sure
3x DX Rocs 180 - New to Beat
3x DX Teebirds 175 - New to Beat
2x Champion Firebirds 11x 175 - Thumbers, headwinds, sidearms
2x S-line PDs 175 - Distance
1x C-line PD 175 - Windy Distance
1x Echo Boss 175 - Low ceilings.

I don't really like to use Wizards for driving because they are hard to come by in my area and all the ones I find are soft, so that's why I use the VPs. I do feel that I'm missing a turnover/understable driver that are longer than my teebirds. I am a RHBH thrower who can throw about 400ft on a golf line (320ft sidearm) if that information helps. So does it look like I've got all my shots covered?
Last edited by beatroc on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rattler - Ion
Roc
Cyclone
TD - PD - Firechicken

http://frolfware.com
beatroc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Think I'm Missing Something

Postby Whiz » Fri May 20, 2011 9:27 pm

A turnover distance driver is something a lot of players don't have in their bag imo. I throw similar distance and like PDs. I will use beat P-PDs, S and C-TDs and beat Pro Wraiths for essentially the slot you are wondering about. I have recently lost my beat Pro Wraiths and while I have a tournament tomorrow I am not worried at all about it as there are really very few holes out there where that is the best shot, much less the only shot. I do put my sidearms a good bit farther than you though so I will use those for long distance turnovers. Really, the only reason you need a flippy distance driver is for hyzer-flips. With enough experience you should be able to throw your more stable discs on straight shots/anhyzers utilizing controlled OAT. If you are looking for a good disc for this spot try to get a nice stiff/domey Pro Wraith which will be great when broken in or some C-TDs.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Re: Think I'm Missing Something

Postby beatroc » Fri May 20, 2011 10:47 pm

I haven't been throwing PDs long enough to have them beat in enough yet but do they lose LSS and keep the HSS similar to a Teebird and Roc?
Rattler - Ion
Roc
Cyclone
TD - PD - Firechicken

beatroc
Noob

Re: Beatroc's Bag

Postby beatroc » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Bag as of June 23rd.

Core Bag
3x Wizards 175 - One worn for putting, one worn and one new for approaches and drives.
4x Rocs 180 - Beat, Worn, and new. One Champ Glow
3x Cyclones 173-175 - Beat, Worn, and new
2x Firebirds 175 - Beat and new. Sidearm and Thumbers
6x PDs 175 - 2P, 2C, and 2S. One worn and one new in each plastic, P for Distance, S for straight drives, C for windy drives and drives that finish left.

Additional Discs
1x Champ Viper 180 - Meathook with no glide.

I'm also thinking about getting a Rattler to try out for approaches I can put on a tight line. When I get one to try out what weights do you guys recommend?
Rattler - Ion
Roc
Cyclone
TD - PD - Firechicken

beatroc
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion