Changing the bag again and slowing it down.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Changing the bag again and slowing it down.

Postby Nick M » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:40 am

Feedback is appreciated, I think I'm getting there.

Putters:
175 S Wizard (new)
174 M Wizard (beat)
174 Vibram Vp (wind, hyzers)
174 Vibram Ridge (approach)

Mids:
172 Glo Buzz
178 Esp Buzz
175 Elite X Buzz (new, beating it in for annys)
173 Z Wasp (maybe on the way out, the buzz is taking over but sometimes i need the fade)
175 Flx 2008 Worlds Drone (wind beater, hyzer, side arm mid, get out of trouble mid)

Drivers:
172 JLS (turnovers, massive anny bombs)
170 Star Eagle X (fairway, straight and s shots)
175 Champ Eagle X (beefier Eagle)
170 Star Tee Bird (new, testing for straight to hyzer fairway shots)
170 Pro Destroyer (slightly beat, big d)
172 Pro Destroyer (new)
171 Star Destroyer (more stable version, breaking in great, side arm d)
171 Z Force (mega d, headwind d, long hyzers, side arm d with wind)
170 Esp Force (slightly less stable force, best max d windy day disc)
172 Z Predator (wind, hyzer, side arm)
170 Esp Predator (longer pred, shorter thumber disc)
172 Champ Firebird (thumber distance)

Recently dropped all the Avengers, a few Forces and the Hornet. I had nothing slow before and I noticed that I wasn't throwing Avengers all that much with all the other stable stuff in my bag. I picked up some Eagles and I am loving them, getting them out to 380+' but its dead straight, a shot I couldn't achieve with my previous set up. Just added the JLS, I threw one 490' yesterday on a high massive anny with some wind aid. Its also dead straight and I can't believe how well it holds an anny. I don't throw 490', it was my longest throw ever. I've thrown a few forces and destroyer 450 and 460 but I usually top out just over 400. I need more time with the Teebird, i've liked the throws I have made with it so far. I think I am going to like it for hyzers, sometimes my forces and preds skip past or fade more then I want.

Still testing:
170 Opto River (I think its out, the JLS is longer and holds a better anny, I still like it)
174 S Voodoo (just got it, going to mess with it for a while. hoping its a better anny and jump putt disc then my wizards)

I still carry an Xcal or Ape from time to time for fun. They are only sidearm discs, by far my longest side arm bombers. They never come out during a round for anything backhand, only if I need a massive long hyzer side arm bomb.
Nick M
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Re: Changing the bag again and slowing it down.

Postby Mike C » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 pm

What's wrong with the Wizard for drives and approaches? It should have you covered for anything but extreme headwinds within putter range. I'd think the Drone could cover all of the VP's headwind duties for that matter.

With drivers I'd think you could pick either TB or Eagle and be alright, same with Firebird and Preds, they don't do things too much different in my experience. IF you could beat in some Forces they might be able to take over the Destroyers but that'd take a while :P
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby Nick M » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks for the advice, we will see what happens with the Forces. I'm hoping the ESP breaks in nicely. As far preds and the firebird, I don't throw the firebird backhand. It is by far the longest thumber disc, and that is all it is. Its 25-35 ft longer then the pred and I can use the extra reach to park a lot of holes. As far as the vp and the drone, I know what you are saying, I don't skip by baskets as much with the Vp, it sits down and the drone is a skipper. Also, its a great headwind putter within the circle. Still testing putters, i'll figure it out soon I hope. I will pick Eagle or TB, i tested them a lot today and yesterday. The Eagle is more forgiving and a little longer but I want to give the TB more time.
Nick M
Noob

Postby Nick M » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Teebird is gone for now. The Eagle wins. Thinking of adding a Dx Eagle X and a QJLS and trying harder wizards to see if the stability is close to the Ridge, I love the ridge but I know I could drop it for a stable wizard. I found a Zone on the course, I love it and that doesn't make me happy. More confusion, its not really a putter though. Seems to work well with the rest of the hive. The bag is a never ending process, i've considered trying Rocs again and dropping everything in my mids but the drone. Couldn't I find 3 or 4 Rocs to cover what the buzz and wasps do? Like a couple dx and a couple kc pro?
Nick M
Noob

Postby Steve » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Keep that Zone in your bag. Never fails when I don't have mine with me I NEED one. It fills it own little role in it's own little corner of the bag. Great for hard fade approaches and controlled skip shots. Never play a windy day without it. The harder Wizards are not necessarily more overstable I have found. If you need the overstable approach shot you can supplement the Wizards with the Zone.

The QJLS is the made for straight as an arrow shots where the Eagle has the Turn/Fade role figured out. I think they definitely go well together.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Nick M » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:30 pm

I still have the Zone and the VP and they are both a little different, I love the skip of the zone and for sidearm but the VP fills the wind putting and Hyzers that hit and stay slot. The Ridge still has a spot as a slightly more stable Wizard that falls out faster and 300ft and under straight drives with a little left fade, the Wizard works well when I need no fade at the end of drives. The bag is still the same with the addition of the Zone and a new disc I traded that star teebird for, a 170g star Katana. Holy freaking tailwind distance and its great for long turnovers, this is longer then my Pro Destroyers with tailwinds and holds a very long turnover better. It fits nicely with the Destroyers, and also works well with the JLS which is my slow turnover and straight driver. Still going to pick up a QJLS and a Dx Eagle X.
Nick M
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion