Hyzerline49's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Hyzerline49's Bag

Postby JR » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:40 am

Sounds great does it work great in practice as well in all courses and conditions?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Hyzerline49 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 am

JR wrote:Sounds great does it work great in practice as well in all courses and conditions?

its been working great for me lately. no tournaments, but plenty of successful league and doubles rounds with this set up. i may be adding a fresh 11x eagle L to the lineup, but not until i get some back ups. in wet weather i will occasionally add a few dx variations.
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby dgdave » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Your bag changes more than mine used too
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Hyzerline49 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 pm

dgdave wrote:Your bag changes more than mine used too

i like to mess around with new combinations, thats for sure. i've been looking into a patriot and know that you throw them, how does it fly (in different plastics) and what would you compare it to?
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 am

I think JHern forwarded comparisons between different Patriots a while back and my blue Star like one flips too much and it is supposed to be the most understable and some are straight. I have not gotten different kinds because i have a non flipping Star Leo on top of regular ones and need the Stalker more because of the ever changing winds by the sea. And still don't carry any of them on some courses. So buying one is a crap shoot if you don't know what you are looking for.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby dgdave » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Well, just like 98% of JRs discs, I see it a bit differently.

All 8 or so of the icon Patriots I've thrown have been very straight to slightly understable, with yellow being the most stable and red being the least. None of which were flippy. (not saying there aren't any, but I haven't found one yet)

There are 2 different pinnacle varieties- domey/stiff ones and light/flat/gummy ones. The domey are the most stable of all the Patriots. The gummy are the most understable, but still not flippy.

Legends are my favorite. Pretty much 2nd run day glow CE Leos. Super straight and do any line.

Sparkles are like a legend/icon mix flight

These are my main drivers and took the spot of my TDs and beat PDs
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Here is the post from JHern in the Is there anything that can match the Valk pound for pound thread and mine is a domey blue Icon and it matches that description:

Re: Is there anything that can match the Valk pound for poun

Postby JHern » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Here is a quick summary I copied over from Legacy Discs Collector's FB page, with several contributors...

-Domey Blue Icon: These have been the easiest for me to flip and work lines. It will hold a solid turnover Gently and consistently. Least stable of what i have thrown.

-Flat Top White Icon: Slightly more stable & Faster ... Will Hold a line a lot longer than the blues but still want to turn over and fade.

-Gold Sparkle: These will flip up and barley turn over for a long straight Flight path ..And for w.e reason ..they penetrate the lines deeper ..with more distance then the other runs .. excellent distance off the teepad

-The silver sparkle Patriots I've thrown are more under-stable than the gold sparkles.

-White/clear Pinnacle: The most stable of the 4 Runs I've thrown. these will take a lot more power off the teepad without turning over. They even corrected a few bad shots i had ,working against my of Axis Torque by fighting to get back on line .. i see this disc getting used a lot in the future for long Straight (Dependable) lines . It did have more fade at the end then my Golds tho.

-Yellow Icon Patriot that is very Pinnacle-like (also firm and flat) and is more stable than any others I've thrown.

-My Legend Patriot is my go to disc just about anything. Long control drives, turn over, big "S". You name it, the disc can do it. Flies straight with a little turn over and a bit more fade.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Hyzerline49 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:43 pm

things have switched up a bit.

2x echo * Xcals - extra beefy newer mold/ early run with star xcal stamp
2x proto forces - new that is slightly overstable/ worked in one that is for max d and hyzerflips
2x champ orcs - new and straight/ beat in and flippy

2x 11x banshees - new/seasoned
3x 11x eagles - new x, new L, beat L

1x Z Wasp - new and fairly beefy
1x dx San Marino Glow roc - very glidey and stragiht. i can throw these 20-30 ft further than my ching rocs (so about 350-360)
3x ching rocs - new and stable to flippy.

esp zone - sidearm/backhand hyzers 250 and in. been in the bag for 5 years and is my most used and trusted disc.
3x wizards - 1 circle tooled for straight/turnover drives or upshots, and my 2 OG wizards for putting duties
dx polecat - trick FH/BH upshots, ive learned to control this disc very well and have had some long throw ins with it.
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Postby Hyzerline49 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 pm

2x Force - 172 1st run ESP that is stupid overstable, 174 player's cup sparkle z that is straight with no turn and a hard finish.
2x Giant - 174 pop top tournament line: fresh and overstable with glide. 169 pop top: has a slight turn to it. this is my bomber disc.
2x Orc - 175 star: has a bit of a dome and is quite stable. 175 pearly champ: worked in and flippy.

2x Banshee - 175 11x: fresh and overstable as s#&%. 175 11x: chewed up a little, but still fairly overstable.
2x Eagle X - 175 11x: stable with hard finish (sidearm workhorse). 172 glo: worked in and straight when thrown hard.
2x Leopard - 175 pro line: newish and surprisingly straight/stable. 174 pro line: has a little dome and is worked in. this is my workhorse turnover/hyzerflip disc.

2x Wasp - 180 new run Z: a little dome to it and very overstable. 178 '05 tourney stamped Z wasp: worked in and pretty flat, slightly overstable.
3x Ching Rocs - all 180, straight to very flippy

2x Zone - 175 ESP: fresh and very overstable. 175 ESP: worked in over 5 years of heavy use. straight with hard finish. i throw these sidearm A LOT.
4x Wizard - 2 fresh organics for putting.1 chewed organic for touch turnovers, 1 newish Soft for straight approaches/drives
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Nice lookin bag man.

You like the newer additions to the bag? Or could you go with your 8 mold bag and still do pretty good.

I've always been curious about the Force. I mean it's very tempting,but I'm not sure if it's too much disc for my arm. I can average Terns right around 390ft to 400ft and my PD's are from 370ft to 380ft. Those are my main 2 drivers
Beast|PD|Rival|Patriot|XXX|Trident|Truth|Fuse|Zone|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby Hyzerline49 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:54 am

thanks. I could probably go with the rocs and eagles off the tee and score pretty well on most courses in fair conditions, those are my go to molds.

for you the force would give you a more consistent hyzer flight at the same distance range as your pd's. its been my go to overstable bomber for 4 or 5 years now
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Hyzerline49 wrote:thanks. I could probably go with the rocs and eagles off the tee and score pretty well on most courses in fair conditions, those are my go to molds.

for you the force would give you a more consistent hyzer flight at the same distance range as your pd's. its been my go to overstable bomber for 4 or 5 years now

That's how I am with Comets and Cyclones. I could still score under par just using these 2 discs as my only drivers.

I felt the Force's rim...yeah I'll stick to PD's :lol:
Beast|PD|Rival|Patriot|XXX|Trident|Truth|Fuse|Zone|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion