tell me what you think

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: tell me what you think

Postby Fenrir » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:31 am

sorry i should have said I'm really only using the vector as a champ roc, do you think i should just take it out and get some kc pro rocs? also do you think i need a more overstable mid? or should i just be powering down a pred(powering down is not my strong point)
the only reason i really got the eagle is cuz I've heard from a lot of ppl on here that its a way more workable disc then the TB and I really would like to start cutting out some molds if I can
Challenger-Comet-Roc-Eagle x-Leopard-Predator
Fenrir
Noob

Favorite Disc: z buzzz

Postby 7ontheline » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 pm

What do you throw if you need a 300' shot that needs to turn/finish to the right?
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Timko » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:49 pm

I would guess a buzz or leopard.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Fenrir » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 pm

leopard but only until I either get a roc a bit more beat in or get something else, also i should tell you guys I can flick but don't have the range that I do with BH.
Fenrir
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm

If you can loan a Gator i'd test that for more overstable mid work. Vector can't handle as much wind and is way faster and longer. As long as you don't have grip issues the Vector can work as a primo Roc. No need to buy a KC and they are all over the place anyway. That sucks big time. The Best KCs are straighter than DX Ranchos. And longer.

Powering down is a great skill and the Eagle powers down better than the Pred. How does reaching back 10" less keeping everything else the same work for you? It can be that easy to power down. You just need to go to a place where you can get distance data and see how many feet less each of your discs get. There are many ways to power down and often body parts are a great consistent reference to reaching back. Disc to left side, right side and doing those with the front and rear of the disc gives many levels of power. Not turning so far back with less toes away angle from the target etc. It's easy once you do the distance testing and memorize the distance difference to a full power shot.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fenrir » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Do you think I really need a more overstable mid?
And I will have to go to the field and try powering down the EX.
Do you think I should go get a few more EXs and try and beat them in and get rid of the leopard?
Fenrir
Noob

Postby JR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Gator is more than hook left and utility disc. It becomes straightish in windy conditions. For range control it is way more forgiving of overpowering than an Eagle. The beefiest Eagles powered down can achieve similar results with more fade in headwinds but power them up and you'll go way deeper. It is a matter of choice. What is not doable so well with an Eagle is sidearm tight hooks right where the disc needs to stop fast instead of skipping and sliding far. The Eagle ain't so great at under say 230' with tight annies. Especially if there is a ceiling.

I don't have DX EXs so i don't know how far they beat but their LSS is higher than that of the Leo from hearsay. I heard that Eagles beat in fast to become flippy but will still not stay in a tunnel fading out.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Fenrir » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:49 pm

So do you think I should just go leopard teebird combo or do EX in different plastics / beatnesses?
Also I've been messing around with a river I've had laying around and I'm wondering if that's a more workable disc then the leopards?
And I'm gonna see if any of the guys in my league toss a gator, I know a few of um have zones that is close as far as joes flight chart goes will that work or does it skip to much
Fenrir
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 am

River TB would be a great combo and the Gator flies straighter longer and hooks later and less than the immediately from the hand hard fading hard skipping Zone. The Zone is too much of a hog in many cases. Preferences and holes vary. Note that the DX Gator won't handle as much headwind and will lift more than the Star. Often times the wind picks up with rain and the Star Gator and ESP Zone get slick. Beat a D Zone and it will become more useful and not overly hard fading while not being slick and lifting in the winds.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Fenrir » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Putters
2x pro d challenger-171g putting and some tee stuff if its not to long
cryztal z challenger-173g off the tee

Mids
dx roc-177g starting to get seasoned nicely still no real turn yet
2x dx flat top roc-177-176g new and real sweet
dx glow roc-177g used for more overstable stuff
sure grip demon-175g super overstable stuff

Drivers
3x Z preds-168g 169g 174g one is starting to get nicely seasoned the other is new and the heavy one is for hard headwind
opto river-171g turns real nice
gold line river-172g a bit more stable good for flip to flat shots

max D
dx destroyer-168g beat to snot but i like it

utility stuff
pro pig-175g for when i need a hard fade on a putter drive or need to fh
champ sidewinder-165g overhead shots that i need to flip and come down fast and rollers

OK so I feel pretty good with my putters and mids thinking about adding a x comet till i can really beat up a roc.
where I'm really looking for help is with my drivers do i need something in between preds and rivers? and also i really need to find a max d disc i like i had the wraiths but they seem real touchy about nose angle i like the destroyer but i wonder if its a bit outta my power range and if i should maybe be tossing light DD's or something. I'd like to keep my max d slot to 1 or 2 molds if i can as it seems like it works better for me with mids and putters(why not stick with it?)
Fenrir
Noob

Postby keltik » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:40 pm

that is a super solid bag you got there.

be careful adding a Comet. You won't want to take it out.

There are plenty of options b/w a Pred and a River. PD seems to be the popular choice here. There is also the Saint, OLF, Avenger, Boatman, Starfire. Saint or PD would probably be best.

I think you should get a Light Destroyer in Star or Pro. The "good" ones can be hard to find but it may be worth it. Check out the Sword too.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Fenrir » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 pm

that's what scares me about the comet lol
ya I've tossed some pds but from the sounds of it(at least on here, aka the only place i trust haha) they are getting more and more different run to run. I've thought about avengers and eagles also, haven't really looked at the boatman, saint or olf.
whats the most workable/available in different plastics and weights? i really have been trying to keep my fairways in the 168-172g range. also if i go with destroyers i was thinking pro at 168g and then maybe adding a really overstable mold like a pd2, force or scorpius what do you think?
Fenrir
Noob

Postby keltik » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Eagle-X

it's a tad shorter than the PD/OLF/Avenger but it is more consistent. The Avenger is more consistent but that's only because DC doesn't make as many runs as Innova. The Saint is supposedly very workable. I just haven't tested one out.

According to the buzz machine the new Volt is supposed to be lights out versatile.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Fenrir » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:23 pm

hmm I had a star eagle-x in my bag before and i never really clicked with it so I'll have to try it again.
i have been wanting to try a x avenger and a olf for some time and the saint seems like it has promise so idk maybe i'll look around and see if anyone i play with has some to try
Fenrir
Noob

Postby Fenrir » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Also I'm thinking about getting a pure for long/anny putts and maybe some driving duties what is everyone's take on it?
Fenrir
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion