tell me what you think

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: tell me what you think

Postby Fenrir » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Ok so I never got around to grabbing a escape but I just got a beat champ beast in trade and a p pd and ols gifted to me. My thoughts being the ols is a longer Leo and that the p pd is a bit like an eagle. Now the beast is champ and feels in the 16x range (haven't had a chance to get it on a scale) but must be beat to hell or be the understable mold because I was putting it out on a hard hyzer and it would still turn roller on some shots.
Also I the beast is the fastest thing I've got in the bag as of now and it seems fine with no destroyers
Challenger-Comet-Roc-Eagle x-Leopard-Predator
Fenrir
Noob

Favorite Disc: z buzzz

Postby JR » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:56 pm

It is likely that it is a new mold Beast that turns when new so after beating it in it is no surprise that it rolls. Beadts of later manufacture flip less but even they flip if the front is lower than the rear or you throw beyond 400' with front and rear level.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fenrir » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 pm

In the bag at the moment

Putters:
2x 170g pro d challenger (both beat in used for all putts always in my head to maybe try something else but end up going back to them)

171g pro d challenger (newer for of the tee and approach stuff)

175g pro pig (used for overstable tee and approach stuff)

Mids:
6x 175-180g Dx rocs (workhorse mids have a few reg Dx a glow Dx and a flat top marshall st one, I don't carry them all for every round just have some backups) just got one to understable

175g crystal z drone (overstable stuff, flicks, roc shots with a big head wind)

Drivers:

170g pro leopard (flippy stuff)

169g champ leopard (flip up shots dead straight lines)

170g Dx eagle x (beat up is pretty flippy but not as predictable as I'd like)

167g star eagle x (workable fairway stuff)

170g champ eagle x (more overstable fairway)

170g elite z predator (beat in goes straight before it fades out)

167g elite z predator (still new hard hooks skip shot ect.)

170ish g MOLS (longer flippy stuff till I either beat in a pd or I may just stick with this)

167g p line PD (still newer straight with a good fade will hold up to some headwind

168g s line PD (slightly beat in some turn before a good fade)

Will probably start trying some wraiths or something in that speed when I start getting my PDs out to 400ft
Fenrir
Noob

Postby keltik » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:46 am

that's a solid looking setup you got there.

I used challengers for a while and I liked them. I don't know why I switched. I never really do.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Stringbean » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:44 pm

If Wraiths are too much, Orc's are a step down in speed but still longer than a PD... My fresh DX Orc is on average about 30 feet longer than my P-PD.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby Fenrir » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:58 pm

What weight do you use for your orcs stringbean?
I was thinking going up to that 11 speed because I felt like I would have overlap at anything lower and I just don't think I can do the real warp speed 12, 13, or 14 stuff.
Fenrir
Noob

Postby Stringbean » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:35 pm

The DX Orc is 168 grams. Probably will replace it with a g-star Orc when it starts losing stability. For me, anything past 11 is too wide for my hands.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:26 am

Pd 400' means a lot more with faster discs if it is a line drive. The only way i broke 400' barely with PDs was a light one s-curved. Beast is a much easier stepping stone for more distance.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Stringbean » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:56 am

JR wrote:Pd 400' means a lot more with faster discs if it is a line drive. The only way i broke 400' barely with PDs was a light one s-curved. Beast is a much easier stepping stone for more distance.

I agree that a Beast is outstanding for distance and control but you can't replace a PD with a Beast because they do not handle the wind at all. Beast / Orc is an awesome combination (they are my main distance drivers).
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:00 am

Yes one should not replace the PD with the Beast but adding a Beast for distance and straighter plus anny shots is not a bad idea.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion