Putting together a bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Putting together a bag

Postby dgtexas » Fri May 25, 2012 12:22 am

I have been active on this forum for awhile but its my first time to post. I want to get some thoughts on my bag I am putting together. What can I add or take away from my bag? I tend to throw RHFH but am really working on my RHBH technique.

1. Stable Control Drivers
Lat 64 River 169
Ti Stalker 171

2. Stable Distance Drivers
Lat 64 Flow 173
Westside King 171

3. Understable Drivers
Z Avenger SS 171
Champion Valkyrie 170

4. Overstable Drivers
Innova Blizzard Boss 147
Lat 64 Halo 170
Innova Blizzard Destroyer 150

Mids:
MVP Vector 175
FLX Buzzz 175

Putters:
SSS Wizard 175
Omega SS 173
dgtexas
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flow

Re: Putting together a bag

Postby JR » Sat May 26, 2012 3:16 am

Welcome. I think the ASS duties can be covered with Valks beaten to proper state. You lack overstable putters and mids. The idea for those are wind handling and not skipping as far and bending on tighter curves along a dogleg or around obstacles than drivers. There are times when an overstable mid skips too much after a tight bend so even an overstable putter might have uses.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby dgtexas » Sat May 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks JR.

Do you have any suggestions for a go to overstable putter and mid?
dgtexas
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flow

Postby JR » Sun May 27, 2012 2:13 am

Even though some Vectors fade hard especially at low power it is so fast that skips may be an issue landing on hard surfaces even with the soft overmold. So a slower harder fading Gator would skip less and drop faster on steep hyzer angles not flying out as far so there's range control in there too.

Texas has a lot of wind right? For a thin flat easy to grip disc Lat 64 Sinus. It is on the fast side and fades hard so it'll skip. Zone is even faster. R-Pro Pig is otherwise durable but it can't handle rocks. The soft tacky plastic may be too gooey in the summer heat and if you dislike tackiness then a more durable Pro or Star would work fine. Even though the Pig hooks hard it ain't a big skipper due to the low speed and massive deceleration because of the tall profile and the blunt leading edge.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion