I'm relatively new here's my bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I'm relatively new here's my bag

Postby metallica582667 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Well I've only been playing about 2 months now and I seem to have found some good discs. Now I've only shot a max about 250ft on a drive. I'm a left hand backhand thrower and just cant seem to get anymore distance improvements. Here's my bag: all discs are 165-175 grams except leopard which is 156g.
Drivers:
-Champion Wraith (furthest disc)
-2 Star Wraiths
-Discraft ESP Predator (equal to star wraiths on dist.)
-Champ Beast
-ESP Avenger (equal to the beast)
-Star Roadrunner

Fairway Drivers:
-2 DX Leopards

Mid Range:
-2 Star Mako's
-DX Coyote
-DX Wolf
-DX Shark

Putters and approach:
-Star Aviar
-DX Aviar
-DX Dart

There it is! any discs I should look to get? and any other suggestions? Remember I'm a LHBH thrower. My main trouble is glide, my drivers come out glide little turn quick and fade fast.
metallica582667
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Wraith

Re: I'm relatively new here's my bag

Postby JTdisc » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm

It's likely that all of your drivers are too fast for you right now, but hold on to them you'll use them eventually. Stick with Leopards for driving for a while.

Drop the Wolf and stick with your other mids. Pick which you like best between Shark, Coyote, and Mako and primarily use that.

Drop the Dart as well. You have 2 Aviars, get used to them first. You can tee off and approach with the star and putt with the DX. Then again putting is all about the putter that "feels" best for you, so if you really like the Dart, stick with it, but I'd rather focus on just one mold to start with.

You might want to consider a stable/overstable disc. An Eagle-X or a Cyclone could make a decent stable fairway driver for you and a nice compliment to the Leopard.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby JR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Welcome. I wouldn't buy many or any discs. You have enough discs and good ones too. The Leopard is probably straight enough in many cases. If not then the Coyote should do. Beefier drivers than the Leopard are only good for taming headwind and fading shots now. One should be enough. When you gain more power the faster discs become much more useful.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby metallica582667 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks for the replies!!!
metallica582667
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Wraith

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion